Chance to choose, a new material for the Hone Type 15.

What material next for Hone...

• Stainless Steel

• Aluminium

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just love this " sneaky little taster " type of idea ! That's how to build up interest and demand. If you ever decide to move on from making desireable razors to commercial marketing I just bet there are companies who'd appreciate this type of talent. And what a four specimens to display to get members drooling.

JohnnyO. o/

Oh dear...... ANOTHER razor (or 4) I will want to buy!

To go back over a question @Hone raised before.... If I were ordering an expensive razor to order...I.e. a Ti one, I wouldn't mind a wait, providing I had trust in the company taking the order. I wouldn't have a problem dealing with Hone given the communication with this forum and pass around.

Best of luck with it all!!!

Matt

This is a nice picture. I love my brass Type 15. If a TI version comes available I am in for sure !

Marco

Its great to hear all the encouragement thank you. Its also interesting to see the value perception between brass and aluminium play out; aluminium < brass. Its good to know expectations.

This is a nice picture. I love my brass Type 15. If a TI version comes available I am in for sure !

Marco
Marco, really glad you're enjoying it. Not to hijack my own thread, but If there was a Ti version and you could change one thing more what would it be?

Don't worry you're not butting in So for the Aluminium samples I have been working on, I have thinned the top cap by a small amount to account for the loss of weight and it adds just a touch more blade feel, but its still got the mild approach-ability of the brass. It might make it into a final version if thats the way it goes.

Last edited:
Marco, really glad you're enjoying it. Not to hijack my own thread, but If there was a Ti version and you could change one thing more what would it be?

Just a little bit more aggression compared to the brass version could be the way as rowlers already pointed out and I agree 100%.
But what I would like to see even more together with a TI version is a matching stand for this superb shaving tool. Perhaps something like the Standart Razor stand that allows 2 positions....
A TI Hone in / on a TI Hone stand would make a nice ensemble in my Den.....

Marco