Cashmere knot question

I'm a fan of ap shaveco brushes, and one knot I'm still curious about is the cashmere. This in reality means I'll end up buying one very shortly, you know how it is :)
I just want to know what are people's knot/loft preferences, what works best etc. I face lather and usually prefer a 24mm knot but a 26 wouldn't be out of the question. I don't really like big knots.
Cheers :)

The cashmere fibre is really nice. Luxuriously soft.

The 26mm cashmere fan was too big for me. It seemed to swallow up too much soap. I ended up trimming it down. YMMV.

The fibres seem to be longer in a bigger knot (at least compared to my 24mm 2BED fan) so now I've got a particularly long, floppy, custom cashmere. Works great for face-lathering.

I really wanted to get their (A.P. Shave Co.) new Cashmere Fan knot in a brush, but the following review stopped me in my tracks:

Not bad just not good for me. Much preferred the 2BED. This splayed like wet angel hair pasta and had this weird perfectly circular homogeneous splay that’s hard to describe if I tried to set the loft lower to give it backbone. Really wanted to like this knot and relofted several times. Threw it away. The 2BED had better face feel and better splay. Probably works IF loft is set perfectly.

I'm also curious about cashmere and synbad knots.
I quite don't understand the phrase "perfectly circular homogeneous splay". I have a 2BED knot and the fibers bend sideways instead of splaying, is that what he's trying to say?
I think most of the synthetics do this the only knots that I've tried that feel better in this regard is a Frank Shaving G4 and the surprise Muhle 31H250 that has a tiny knot (21x48) but after a few shaves it starts to feel great.

I really wanted to get their (A.P. Shave Co.) new Cashmere Fan knot in a brush, but the following review stopped me in my tracks:

If you've tried and like the 2BED, you'll like this:

Great brush and well priced. Handle looks aweso6and feels good in the hand as well.

Back
Top Bottom