Can't see my own image uploads

Hi. I've not been on the forum for a while and whilst trying to familiarise myself with the site again I found that I can see everyone else's images (e.g. in SOTD thread) but I get the little blue question mark where I posted my own images in the past. I'm using latest update of Safari and have checked for extensions etc but can't find a solution. My only concern is that I have no backup of any of the photos I uploaded...how can I retrieve them from the site? (N.B. I didn't upload fro a host site, but just from my laptop).
Any help appreciated!:unsure:

Can you look at that thread again and let me know if you can now see a 'thumbnail' image of your original picture?

There seems to be a problem with displaying images from about that time and other users have this issue too.

Once you confirm, I'll continue to look at the problem.

Can you look at that thread again and let me know if you can now see a 'thumbnail' image of your original picture?

There seems to be a problem with displaying images from about that time and other users have this issue too.

Once you confirm, I'll continue to look at the problem.
Yes, I can now see the thumbnail, but when I click on it it opens to a larger blank square with the blue question mark. Nice to know the image isn't lost though! Looks like you've been getting somewhere, globalm!

OK.

Now we come to the bitter bit. I have power over the whole Xenforo software environment but I have no access to the external environment, the host machine operating system and storage.

What this means is that while I think I know how images are stored and thumbnailed, I am unable to actually go there and look! I believe that the visibility of the thumbnail indicates that the full image is stored but I cannot verify this. I reckon the issue is down to image size and the settings to control image display which, unfortunately, are external and cannot be accessed.

The good news is that @Boab can look at this for us, the bad news is that he is currently heavily involved with overseas work and is not visiting frequently.

I regret we can't progress this further until Boab checks it out.

Sorry.

[QUOTE="globalm, post: 787755, member: 3289"

The good news is that @Boab can look at this for us, the bad news is that he is currently heavily involved with overseas work and is not visiting frequently.

I regret we can't progress this further until Boab checks it out.

Sorry.
[/QUOTE]
No problem, globalm. It's my own fault for not backing the images up. I really appreciate you looking into this and maybe Boab can help when available. There's no rush on my part. I'd appreciate an update if and when there's news. Thanks again. (y) (y) (y)

I will see if I can track them down. Usually, this happens during times of trouble with the host. It's probably a hangover from when I switched over after the hosting problems a year or two ago.

I will see if I can track them down. Usually, this happens during times of trouble with the host. It's probably a hangover from when I switched over after the hosting problems a year or two ago.
Hi...just wondered if there's been any movement on this yet? I appreciate anything you can do and don't blame you if you can't!(y)

Back
Top Bottom