Can you name anything that youngsters of today won't know?

Or even filling up my Triumph bike @ three shillings and nine pence a gallon at the National Benzole filling station
JohnnyO. o/

And on a related note, being sent by the old man to 'the Benzole' to get a can of paraffin from the vending machine. Ours didn't have a busty blonde though - that would have been a dream. It did have a vending machine for fags though... mostly Woodbines.

Sorry bout that Glenn, just to rub it in, she was a drop dead gorgeous half Italian with a mane of long, raven black hair and a million watt smile.

JohnnyO. o/

2400 baud, you mean!

Just two years ago I finally got rid of a Miracom Courier Modem that started life as a 2400 baud (V.21?). I was a Fidonet sysop back then. I kept sending it back for upgrades until eventually it was a 'V.Everything'. The only original piece was the plastic case, and by that time Miracom had become USR, and then (I think) 3Com.

By which I mean... back then stuff was upgradeable. These days, everything is disposable.

Sorry bout that Glenn, just to rub it in, she was a drop dead gorgeous half Italian with a mane of long, raven black hair and a million watt smile.

JohnnyO. o/

Stop it at once, odd things are happening to my trousers.

To restore order, I will remind you of Watney's Red Barrel*, party sevens, Cinzano and Babycham. Well it's nearly Christmas.

* As my old bloke loved to say "Don't take the piss out of Watney's... there'd be nothing left".

All of the above

They really don't know they're born kids these days
Initiative and motivation is lacking in lots of youngsters too.
I think a large part of the problem is that they seem to live in a different world to the one we grew up in
They have their entire life at their fingertips, being connected the the internet is their main priority.

They certainly wouldn't recognise a 2p bus ticket from a conductors ticket machine.
Them were the days. . . . . Getting the 140 bus from Mandeville Road to the Target Roundabout to school. Routemaster buses were the best.

I bet they've never bought a penny sweet either. . .