Can I Get A Valuation On The Following Razors Please?

I am in the process of moving on a lot of my shaving gear as I am emigrating to Cyprus next week.
I have a thread containing soaps, creams etc in BST but I have just found a lot of razors tucked away in a drawer.

I would have picked them up at antique fairs etc and I've no idea what they are.
Would the forum be kind enough to help me ascertain what they are and what a fair asking price would be please?

Photos to follow.

As promised. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• 20210608_161350.jpg
    20210608_161350.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 20210608_161649.jpg
    20210608_161649.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 63
I think I may hold onto these but want to confirm what they are. I believe the one out of the box is either a slim adjustable or a fatboy?
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210608_162046.jpg
    20210608_162046.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 40
You have some nice razors there. You'll get a lot more for them on ebay than you will here so bear that in mind if you're trying to specifically raise funds. I'll do some ebay estimates against some of them. Feel free to correct me folk if I'm out.

As promised. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.
I'm not familiar with the razor on the left in the first picture. @pjgh may be able to help with these as the first ER has a handle I've not seen before. The one in the box at the end is an ER 1912 and would probably sell for somewhere between £10-20.

The two blue handled razors are Gillette Twists and are probably ~£10. The boxed fat handle tech is probably £20-30. I'm not sure on the small travel razor.

Definitely there's couple ever ready in left picture. In right, gillette tech (might be flat bottom tech made in england? not too sure from the pic. Its the one in the box. ) Two gillette slim twist maybe? Not sure about the rest of the stuff.

Some nice razors indeed.

I think I may hold onto these but want to confirm what they are. I believe the one out of the box is either a slim adjustable or a fatboy?
The one out of the box is a Fatboy the other one is a Aristocrat #58 If its the Aluminium one it weighs 34g patent pending or the heavier one at 68g Pat 694093.

Price wise I can't help you.

Thanks for the help everyone it's greatly appreciated. However I'm not looking forward to more packing after having had my leaving drinks last night.
@Boycie83 - Thanks for the advice regarding ebay I appreciate the heads up. However i'm more than happy to move them onto someone in the community who will enjoy them rather than chase a few extra quid.
As for where I'm going in Cyprus, it will be the Limassol side of the Island. My wife is a local and we met nearly 20 years ago when I was working out there. I'm now taking her 'home' after years of following me around.

Thanks for the help everyone it's greatly appreciated. However I'm not looking forward to more packing after having had my leaving drinks last night.
@Boycie83 - Thanks for the advice regarding ebay I appreciate the heads up. However i'm more than happy to move them onto someone in the community who will enjoy them rather than chase a few extra quid.
As for where I'm going in Cyprus, it will be the Limassol side of the Island. My wife is a local and we met nearly 20 years ago when I was working out there. I'm now taking her 'home' after years of following me around.

And enjoy your move immensely. All the very best to you and your wife

I feel out of your collection these are the ones that will draw the most money.

God knows what a decent Fatboy goes for these days £50-100.....?

Fatboy prices are all over the place on eBay these days. Here are some examples of those that have sold recently:

AE5D12B5-6BCA-49A8-BF13-3ADA0103585B.pngF87D56B5-CA5E-4DFD-8A92-041F8B4C4183.png5A789469-FDD6-4898-A01E-89674FA7E2A1.png

In terms of the Myatt Daymark, you could easily expect anywhere between £20 to £35 depending upon condition and whether or not the handle is cracked.

It can be a hard sell, though, as they don’t accept regular DE blades and need modification (via grinding of the posts) or another top cap from another razor in order to do so.

I hope you have a wonderful life alongside your wife in Cyprus, you can still pop in and say hello to us at TSR though! :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom