Can anyone help identifying this "IRENIE" German straight razor

Hello everyone

I'm new here, and was wondering if anyone on here can identify who may have manufactured this old cut throat razor?

I have dug out two old cut throat razors that once belonged to my great grandfather. The first one is an ERN razor called "Little Dorrit" in nice rust-free condition and still in its box. I was quite quickly able to find out more about this ERN razor on Google, discovering that it is from 1907.

However this second razor, which is also in nice condition and still in its box, is a bit of a mystery. I can't find out anything about it on google. It's a very nice razor. Feels weighty in the hand and quality made. The faux tortoiseshell handle and etched IRENIE logo on the blade really sets it off, and measures nearly 10 inches in total length when fully extended. On the other side it says "Made in Germany" on the tang. The box doesn't offer up any clues as to who manufactured this razor either. Anyone have any ideas? Would love to know more about it, particularly who manufactured it and when.

Attachments

• 20240209_155345.jpg
    20240209_155345.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240209_155438.jpg
    20240209_155438.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom