Calling Cobra users

I received a new Cobra today and, much as I like it, was really disppointed that there was no case - just a brown cardboard box. Is this the norm for Cobras?

ishmael said:
I think Ill start making boxes! I have seen this on a few high end razors, just paper board box. Let me hit the wood, and Ill throw up a prototype.

Well I would certainly buy one from you. Best part of £140 deserves a nice home rather than the cardboard city it has at the moment.

What I really wanted to know though is that this is standard for Cobra or not.

UKRob said:
I received a new Cobra today and, much as I like it, was really disppointed that there was no case - just a brown cardboard box. Is this the norm for Cobras?

In my experience, yes.

Ian

I like to think I paid £100-and-whatever for a Cobra in a cardboard box rather than £100-and-whatever+£30 for a wooden box.

Joris razors come in wooden boxes. My box is in the attic in case I ever sell the razor. The Joris razor sits not far from my Cobra on a glass display shelf, ready to be transferred to the in-use shelf as and when.

For me, keep the trappings and the price to a minimum.

UKRob said:
Perished said:
I bought leather travel pouch to house mine.

What a good idea. Would you mind sharing the make as the Cobra has a wider head than standard - as you will know!!

Should have added... "And gave it away". Because of the shape of the cobra itself, it didn't sit right in the pouch. Bought this one...

http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/timor-black-leather-safety-razor-case.php

Good quality and all that, just not right all the same.

If any of you guys want nice wooden cases give me a shout. I might be able to make them myself, and also have a friend that can do some really good work. Cost price and wont make anything from it so hope it is ok putting it out there.
Need sizes and rough sketches of what you want though.

daz

UKRob said:

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the lack of case for the Cobra.

This is exactly how we receive the razors from the supplier and none have ever arrived with us in a case.

Executive Shaving said:
UKRob said:

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the lack of case for the Cobra.

This is exactly how we receive the razors from the supplier and none have ever arrived with us in a case.

Absolutely no problem with the service from yourselves - brilliant as usual. However, a bit more effort from the manufacturer wouldn't go amiss particularly as there was no internal packaging in the box or even instructions on inserting the blade and making sure it's located properly.

Rob

daz said:
If any of you guys want nice wooden cases give me a shout. I might be able to make them myself, and also have a friend that can do some really good work. Cost price and wont make anything from it so hope it is ok putting it out there.
Need sizes and rough sketches of what you want though.

daz

Thanks Daz. Ishmael (post #2) is also looking to do something but it would also be good to have a UK source. I don't have the dimensions to hand but will get something to you.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom