Calendar Ideas ... Concept to Reality

When we first started kicking this idea around, I was a big fan of the "do it yourself" thing. There are so many online printers that it would be so easy to simply have folks lift the winning images and print their own ...

That let to rounds of "well, I might as well just pick MY favourite pictures and print them" which is perfectly reasonable, but then it's not the collaborative effort of the forum and the fun we've had through the year. Folks can still do that.

What we could do is perhaps something charitable. Again, I'm not sure how that might work or what charity we might pick, but it's an idea.

Personal concerns are bankrolling an official calendar, engaging vendors and the respective advertising space, having too few, having too many ...

All those concerns are wiped out, in my mind, by simply going DIY.

Personally, I have absolutely no use for a physical calendar, but then there is the electronic version with high-res pictures and a month stamped into the bottom left, right, middle, top left, right, wherever to suit whatever operating system you run ... which is, again, easily done by simply going DIY.

You can see a theme in my thinking ...

That's where I need some help. I'm rather blind to the purpose of this, hence stating in one of the entries threads that I am not the right fellow to take this forward.

You could perhaps set it up as a template, uploading each of the images into a 2015 calendar folder on an image hosting site and leave it at that. Immortalise it that way and let the users do as they please, rendering it digitally as a desktop wallpaper, printing it via vistaprint or the like or sending the images away to a publisher, etc.
I think there should be an official, winners of the SOTD entries and this should be documented, like your thread already does. If people want to chop and change months, make a calendar of their own photos, let it be. I think the job may well be already done unless someone feels that a calendar is an easy thing to produce and sell to the folk interested here.

Just off the top of my head....

Keep the photos in their monthly winning order
A calender can then be designed through a online printing company.
Only one design.
An option for venders to add a advertising slot
A size option, A1, A2 etc.
One member has control of the account

When a member wants to order a calender, they get a quote, send over the money to the account holder who then orders it for them sending it to their chosen address direct from the printing company.

Back
Top Bottom