Buying a brush from AliExpress.

Yaqi’s customer service is excellent. My Yaqi Cavern Lake Two Band Badger Hair Shaving Brush has on further inspection about a cm+ glue bump, and smudged writing on the base. It still a lovely brush and although I got it in the flash sale for about £21, I didn’t expect the defects. I messaged them via the app, and a quick couple of photos later they are sending a brand new one no more questions asked. It’s still a lovely, thick and firm headed brush but can’t wait for it to arrive again! I may even grab the synthetic version in the next sale!

That’s it. No more. I’d given up on new acquisitions until I recently popped in here to look at the modern world. A Yaqi, a Trafalgar T3 ( forced me to add the slightly smaller T2) and now two more Yaqis - a silvertip and a synth. All five for less than many single brushes I bought over the years. And just as good. They bring my small remaining collection to eleven. More than enough to see me out. Absolutely no problems with Aliexpress. And had next day delivery of the Simpsons. Sorry about the out of focus pics - getting lazy in old age.961638B1-F651-4CE3-85CC-32921CF447B4.jpeg95551CAA-C9C4-4616-B173-FCAE6B2715C8.jpeg

That’s it. No more. I’d given up on new acquisitions until I recently popped in here to look at the modern world. A Yaqi, a Trafalgar T3 ( forced me to add the slightly smaller T2) and now two more Yaqis - a silvertip and a synth. All five for less than many single brushes I bought over the years. And just as good. They bring my small remaining collection to eleven. More than enough to see me out. Absolutely no problems with Aliexpress. And had next day delivery of the Simpsons. Sorry about the out of focus pics - getting lazy in old age.View attachment 71988View attachment 71989

Good to hear you are taking pleasure with your new purchases.

For synths, I think the ApShaveCo SynBad is really highly rated.

Chris @Boycie83, you rate yours really highly right?

The Simpson's synths are excellent, and for them, great value. Of the two, I prefer the T2 - enables the lather to be applied more accurately. The two band Yaqi has rather more backbone than I prefer. The Yaqi silver tip is excellent and unbeatable value. Not used the Yaqi synth yet but it's crazy value - well made and good looks. Softer than the Simpsons. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow.

Good to hear you are taking pleasure with your new purchases.

For synths, I think the ApShaveCo SynBad is really highly rated.

Chris @Boycie83, you rate yours really highly right?
I'd probably rate the AP Shave Co SynBad and the PAA Roswell and Stygian as my favorite synthetic brushes.

I've just bought the new Yaqi knot to try that is called Husky. It also has quite a cool looking handle. It was delivered yesterday. Initial palm lather suggests it's similar to the ones I've mentioned above - wouldn't surprise me if Yaqi make the knots for AP and PAA.

I'd probably rate the AP Shave Co SynBad and the PAA Roswell and Stygian as my favorite synthetic brushes.

I've just bought the new Yaqi knot to try that is called Husky. It also has quite a cool looking handle. It was delivered yesterday. Initial palm lather suggests it's similar to the ones I've mentioned above - wouldn't surprise me if Yaqi make the knots for AP and PAA.

I think you're right.

With APShaveCo, it seems they have an additional layer of QC as their SynBad knots (do Yaqi call them Mew Brown?) are supposed to be denser than their Yaqi counterparts.

What are the glue bumps of the PAA ones like?

I think you're right.

With APShaveCo, it seems they have an additional layer of QC as their SynBad knots (do Yaqi call them Mew Brown?) are supposed to be denser than their Yaqi counterparts.

What are the glue bumps of the PAA ones like?
The knots seem to be set lower in the PAA and AP brushes than the Yaqi variants so the glue bumps appear lower and they also have noticeably higher lofts. I believe this is part of their QC arrangements and avoids those issues associated with some of the Yaqi synthetics we've had.

Here's the new Husky knot Shubs. It's getting closer to the loft of the PAA but still has a slightly higher glue bump. The fibres look the same. Both are 24mm.

View attachment 72008
View attachment 72009
View attachment 72010

Cheers for the info and for taking the time to take pictures, both brushes look superb.

It's been amazing how near enough every year the standards of synth brushes seem to keep being pushed on by the producers.

Back
Top Bottom