Brut splash on

A few months ago I bought a bottle of brut splash on for £3 from Wilko's to use for work. The thing is I'm reaching for it more and more in civilian life, I'm finding it hits the spot.
I never used to get along with brut but I only used to get the deodorant spray, and i always found it a bit much.
I can't believe I'm picking my three quid bottle to wear over my bottles of Chanel and guerlain :D I'm definitely down with Vinny Jones on this :)

A few months ago I bought a bottle of brut splash on for £3 from Wilko's to use for work. The thing is I'm reaching for it more and more in civilian life, I'm finding it hits the spot.
I never used to get along with brut but I only used to get the deodorant spray, and i always found it a bit much.
I can't believe I'm picking my three quid bottle to wear over my bottles of Chanel and guerlain :D I'm definitely down with Vinny Jones on this :)

I regularly use the cologne and still remember the Christmas advert with Cooper and Ali..."float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, the great smell of Brut and the punch of Ali...inspired poetry!

Last edited:
You probably know this already but Extro Cosmesi make a soap as homage for Brut

I’ve been using Phoenix & Beau’s 'Right Handed Giant' exclusively for the last few weeks which is a Brut tribute soap along with Brut splash and EDT. I enjoy both Brut and Old Spice and if I didn’t have a few more upmarket fragrances I could live with them. They are perfectly good for work and punch well above their weight for performance.

I regularly use the cologne and still remember the Christmas advert with Cooper and Ali..."float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, the great smell of Brut and the punch of Ali...inspired poetry!
Do you recall that homo-erotic shower scene with Keegan and Cooper...? "Splash it all over"

Damn good stuff! Yeah, I'm sure I've read that is it the spirital successor to the Brut 33 product (which itself was a cut-down of the original Brut EDT). Personally, I find it more alcoholic than the (new) Brut Aftershave and would consider it a sort of Cologne in the very traditional sense. It's certainly very refreshing as an aftershave and neck, shoulders, chest, top of head kinda splash.

You probably know this already but Extro Cosmesi make a soap as homage for Brut

I have it and it's a truly amazing smell if you love Brut.

Reactions: ATG
Lol despite being a similar age to you Mike, I'm so out of touch with football that if asked to name a famous one (or suggest a shaggy perm is no longer fashionable) I'll probably invoke the name of Kevin Keegan. I think I never got over the excitement of finding a 'lenticular' collectors card with him on it in the bottom of a packet of Shredded Wheat in the 1970s.

In the same vein, I just bought a Euro bottle of Brut EdT like this one:

Regardless, it seems to have a nicer (and slightly different) dry down than the AS and Splash On as now sold in the USA, but it pales in comparison to the USA (Helen of Troy) Brut Cologne which had nuclear sillage!! That one is no longer made as Helen of Troy sold the rights to another co. last June:

https://www.brutworld.com/

This is what the now discod. real "Powerhouse" looks like:

To my old schnozz it smells like the old Fabergé juice.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATG
It's definitely one of the "old school" aftershaves. I am too young to remember the Henry Cooper/Kevin Keegan ads, but I vaguely remember Barry Sheene and Paul Gascoigne also doing ads for Brut. It was one of my regular "go to" aftershaves when I was younger.

It doesn't seem as strong or as long-lasting since Unilever started making it in the UK, though. It is now a shadow of its former self. RIP, Brut.

Back
Top Bottom