Brush shelf...

Well, I built one of a left over threshold oak piece. I didn´t put down a lot of work on the finish though, thought it to be prototype, so I´m sorry for the rough looks. Put Tesa tape on the edges to keep the moist out and used a cap from a plastic bottle for the holes that holds the brushes + drilled a small hole for a razor (will make it bigger so it can hold a straight). I´m sure someone else can make a better looking piece, but maybe it´s a good idea instead of over filling the bathroom with stands ... Of course I´m out of room allready and I need more holes :roll:
mikael-albums-11-may-picture6868-brush-stand.jpg

It is a good concept Mikael, I have seen something similar done on B&B. I think if you finished the shelf with the right coating there would be no need for the tape or worry about moisture. What I like about it is if you had the templates you could make a custom one tailored to your desires. Something that takes all your favourites either in sets or by type.

Personally I don't think you need to hang the brushes at all, I would make small hollows in the wood so that each handle sat in a shallow cup. I still hang them right after shaving on my stand that is in the bathroom, but next day they get stood up on the shelf. I hang only for convenience and mostly habit, I really don't believe hanging them bristle down aids the drying process one way or another but if you like them hanging then hang them by all means.

Audiolab said:
It is a good concept Mikael, I have seen something similar done on B&B. I think if you finished the shelf with the right coating there would be no need for the tape or worry about moisture. What I like about it is if you had the templates you could make a custom one tailored to your desires. Something that takes all your favourites either in sets or by type.

Personally I don't think you need to hang the brushes at all, I would make small hollows in the wood so that each handle sat in a shallow cup. I still hang them right after shaving on my stand that is in the bathroom, but next day they get stood up on the shelf. I hang only for convenience and mostly habit, I really don't believe hanging them bristle down aids the drying process one way or another but if you like them hanging then hang them by all means.

I think you´re right about the hanging part and I did some space for standing brushes too but I should have done the other way around, wirth lesser holes and more standing space. The next one maybe will have two holes and only space for standing brushes, but the depth of the thresholders seems to be just right. And you´re right about the coating too, but this one was a prototype and the next one will be better or at least, I hope, better looking :D . Thak you for the input!

I quite like the look of the brushes hung upside down, lose the tape though, a few applications of varnish should prevent any ingression of moisture you are worried about.

How is that ICON brush? It does looks very very soft.

antdad said:
I quite like the look of the brushes hung upside down, lose the tape though, a few applications of varnish should prevent any ingression of moisture you are worried about.

How is that ICON brush? It does looks very very soft.

Yeah, the tape doesn´t add that much glory to the shelf :lol:

It´s really nice and soft, I love it! Used it today and it gives a very nice feeling when I gently rub her bush against my face :D . Greg is a nice guy to deal with aswell. If you want to try, I can lend her to you!?

No problem. PM me if you change your mind, it´ll cost you the postage from your end.

antdad said:
Thanks very much for the offer but I have some brushes that I really should have used by now.

Back
Top Bottom