Brush recommendations - badger

Currently I have 4 brushes in my 'rotation' (okay - not really a rotation - more like on a shelf to pick whichever one I feel like).
Yaqi 24mm 2band badger
Stirling 24mm finest badger Fan
Yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Yaqi 24mm purple haze mew brown

2 of them I don't see myself reaching for as often - the stirling (not sure whether it's the hair or the shape - somehow prefer the yaqi badger to this one), and the 24mm yaqi (feels a bit on smaller side after using it for a while - 26mm is more of my go to). Probably will sell on the two I don't use as much and get one with bigger knot.

Now I'm contemplating getting another badger brush - preferably in 26mm or 28mm knot. Do you have any recommendations for nice knots/brushes?

My dream one would be this : https://www.declarationgrooming.com/products/the-jefferson-28mm-snowblivion-b11 but the funds for brush definitely aren't there lol!

If you are after a luxury badger I would honestly recommend the SV 2.0..I’ve had one before and thinking about getting another. I absolutely love my Simpson manchurian chubby 2 but they are nearly double the price another would be a Morris & forndran but again a lot more money than the SV the SV knot is like a wall of badger 26 mm great size and don’t feel that different from the manchurian..other may have less expensive options for you I can only comment on what I’ve had and used personally hope it’s of some help

@Olie29 Thanks Jay, I'll have a look into those!

@donnie_arko I did have omega 49 boar that I moved on in a pif, and at the moment got a semogue boar too - somehow don't find myself a fan of a boar. Thank you for suggestions - will keep them in mind and sometime in a future when revisiting a boar will go with those!

I’ve seen that one but would really like something bigger, ideally 28mm - will probably keep an eye out to see if anything else pops up, or see if SV 26mm surfaces somewhere on bst lol
£37.05 | "FS"-28mm Big Knot Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush Cream/Black Handle +FREE SHIPPING

I’ve seen that one but would really like something bigger, ideally 28mm - will probably keep an eye out to see if anything else pops up, or see if SV 26mm surfaces somewhere on bst lol
The SV is a very dense knot and feels very big for 26 mm..even my Chubby 2 Manchurian is only 27 mm and it’s huge any bigger would be too big for face shaving in my opinion..don’t get sucked in by the biggest being the best sometimes it’s overkill, just a bit of honest advice

Currently I have 4 brushes in my 'rotation' (okay - not really a rotation - more like on a shelf to pick whichever one I feel like).
Yaqi 24mm 2band badger

2 of them I don't see myself reaching for as often - the stirling (not sure whether it's the hair or the shape - somehow prefer the yaqi badger to this one), and the 24mm yaqi (feels a bit on smaller side after using it for a while - 26mm is more of my go to). Probably will sell on the two I don't use as much and get one with bigger knot.

Now I'm contemplating getting another badger brush - preferably in 26mm or 28mm knot. Do you have any recommendations for nice knots/brushes?

My dream one would be this : https://www.declarationgrooming.com/products/the-jefferson-28mm-snowblivion-b11 but the funds for brush definitely aren't there lol!
Brushes are fairly subjective and down to personal preference, but for what it's worth.
I have a Shavemac 26mm D01 2band bulb, which very dense with good backbone without any scritch, it required quite a bit of use and breaking to soften and open up, it's a great brush. Thater 26mm 2band silvertip bulb, which has lovely soft tips straight out the box and good amount of backbone, but no where in comparison to the D01.
I also have a Shavemac 24mm 2band silvertip fan, which has soft plush tips with a good amount of backbone, but at 24mm it's on the wee side for me and 26mm is the sweet spot

Edit.
I would suggest keep watching the BST for something that interest you

Yaqi 24mm 2band badger

I regularly rotate between a T&H Super Badger, a Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip, and a custom Romera Chubby Manchurian Badger. But, my clear hands-down favorite is my Savile Row 3824 silvertip. I’d recommend it in a heartbeat. https://www.qedusa.com/savile-savile-3824-silvertip-badger-24mm-knot-p-137.html (y)

Totally agree with everything @Olie29 said about the SV brushes.

I bought mine January 2017 and I've been a cheerleader for their brushes ever since. I've recommended them to a lot of people and they have all loved them.

As others have mentioned it's perfectly balanced knot. Not too dense, not to high and not too low. It's not cloud soft but there's not a hint of scritch or scratch. The backbone comes into its own with the painting strokes, a wonderful feeling. I can still remember the smile on my face when I first used it.
I'd tried many brushes and really wasn't sure what I was looking for but as soon as I used the SV brush I knew I'd found it!

Another option is Paladin. I’ve got two at the moment. One I bought via the BST and the other I bought direct from Paladin. Ken the main man behind Paladin was a pleasure to deal with a very, very quick turnaround.

Screenshot_20210606-135112.jpgIMG_20210602_201426.jpgIMG_20210531_134638.jpg

Back
Top Bottom