Brush recommendations - badger

Currently I have 4 brushes in my 'rotation' (okay - not really a rotation - more like on a shelf to pick whichever one I feel like).
Yaqi 24mm 2band badger
Stirling 24mm finest badger Fan
Yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Yaqi 24mm purple haze mew brown

2 of them I don't see myself reaching for as often - the stirling (not sure whether it's the hair or the shape - somehow prefer the yaqi badger to this one), and the 24mm yaqi (feels a bit on smaller side after using it for a while - 26mm is more of my go to). Probably will sell on the two I don't use as much and get one with bigger knot.

Now I'm contemplating getting another badger brush - preferably in 26mm or 28mm knot. Do you have any recommendations for nice knots/brushes?

My dream one would be this : https://www.declarationgrooming.com/products/the-jefferson-28mm-snowblivion-b11 but the funds for brush definitely aren't there lol!
I regularly rotate between a T&H Super Badger, a Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip, and a custom Romera Chubby Manchurian Badger. But, my clear hands-down favorite is my Savile Row 3824 silvertip. I’d recommend it in a heartbeat. https://www.qedusa.com/savile-savile-3824-silvertip-badger-24mm-knot-p-137.html (y)

Totally agree with everything @Olie29 said about the SV brushes.

I bought mine January 2017 and I've been a cheerleader for their brushes ever since. I've recommended them to a lot of people and they have all loved them.

As others have mentioned it's perfectly balanced knot. Not too dense, not to high and not too low. It's not cloud soft but there's not a hint of scritch or scratch. The backbone comes into its own with the painting strokes, a wonderful feeling. I can still remember the smile on my face when I first used it.
I'd tried many brushes and really wasn't sure what I was looking for but as soon as I used the SV brush I knew I'd found it!

Another option is Paladin. I’ve got two at the moment. One I bought via the BST and the other I bought direct from Paladin. Ken the main man behind Paladin was a pleasure to deal with a very, very quick turnaround.

Screenshot_20210606-135112.jpg IMG_20210602_201426.jpg IMG_20210531_134638.jpg

Top Bottom