• Super Badger

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Finest / Silvertip Badger

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Nylon / Synthetic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I have never ordered from them but not because I did not like them or anything. Just always been ordering other stuff and got what i needed elsewhere, just had a nosey around and it is a good site with some good prices, increase that with a cashback/points site like greasypalm and good deals can be had.

Thanks.

hunnymonster said:
And it's arrived... mmmmmmm looks the part, feels smoother than the Rooney 2/1. Booking myself in for a shave later on :D

Well the shave 'later on' didn't happen last evening - as I celebrated 1500km of uneventful cycling since January with a back spasm and general lumbar pain. I just upped the ibuprofen dose earlier and it happened just now.

Only one thing to say mmmmmmmmmmmm on a shave sample of one, it's suddenly become my favoured brush. The only thing I'm wondering now is "should I get a BK2" for travel :D

Pig Cat said:
jhclare said:
I'm currently waiting for a Semogue 1305. I've read so many good things about this brush

Just took the plunge and ordered one too! £10.99 from Vintage Scent. It sounds very good and ideal for soaps. :shave

Brush arrived this morning - took less than a week. It looks good but smells a bit pongy. I think I've read before that if you soak them for a while the niff goes away. Would you just use water for this, or add a little soap or something stronger?

If it was really bad I might use borax. I am sure you have plenty of soaps, worth trying just mixing up a few batches and let the brush dry in between, that should take care of it.

All this brush talk is making me want a new brush, hmmmmmm :D

PC try soaking the brush in soda water, its great for getting smells out of fabrics and stuff.

C

I returned to traditional shaving a few months ago using a cheap Wilkinson's brush - £4. I have now recently moved on to the Kent BK8 silvertip. It's another world! I'm delighted with it. I'm now going to post another thread for opinions on soaps and creams I might try out.

Pig Cat said:
I put some Proraso Pre/Post in some water and left the brush in there overnight which did the trick. :D

Now why didn't I think of that? I recently acquired a new Omega boar brush, and when I came to soak it, it stank to high heaven. I was immediately transported back to childhood when my grandparents lived close to a pig farm: we are talking a toe-curling reek of porcine ordure. Three applications of the smelliest stuff I could find (Original Source mint and tea tree conditioner) took the worst of it away, and by now it's a sweet smelling, fluffy, house trained thing ... but by god the first impression was shocking.

Back
Top Bottom