• Super Badger

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Finest / Silvertip Badger

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Nylon / Synthetic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I use my cheap pure badger most days as it is stiffer and soaks up quicker, better for when I am in a hurry most mornings.
I do, however, prefer my EJ Chatsworth silvertip, so big and soft. I have a very small face and get it covered in a few swipes.

C

Paul

it is, i have the 404 mix and the 404 Pure but the mix gets used the most, usually with tallow/hard soaps and the Pure for creams and soft/glycerin soaps

Re Eurasian badgers' shorter hair = smaller brushes, yes, I have two vintage brushes and they are not huge blooms. More than big enough, though.

So maybe they come our old b/w brocks over here? (One's a pre-Vulfix Simpson, so should be all-English)

Roadkill idea not actually that bad. Cattle farmers also cull them because of TB. I think the hair needs to come from the neck . . . ?

I always wondered if this is where the saying 'Rough as a badger's arse' comes from :D

Assuming that badger arse hair is rougher than other parts and possibly used in cheaper shaving brushes back in the day? of course I may well be and most likely am totally wrong but it sounds logical.

I use a Simpson Chubby #3 in super badger. Super is the top grade that Simpsons use & I think it is the equivilant of silver tip in other high end brush's.

I use a really cheap Chinese silver tip and love it. Once I have money again I fully intend to buy further, and more expensive, brushes.

Badgers are really just a pest so I have no qualms about using them for shaving!

I like the theory but unless Chinese badgers are vastly different from ours they have a limited breeding capacity & need a good size area to live in, there not rats.

The truth is no one knows how many there are or how long they will last. If this doesn't bother you, buy one.

Im too sold to boar now.I passed from finest/silvertip to ba brushes like 2 months ago after 9 years using only badger.Semogue makes good stuff.Now I wanna score a Vulfix 2233 and Omega 48 and 49.

Teiste said:
Im too sold to boar now.I passed from finest/silvertip to ba brushes like 2 months ago after 9 years using only badger.Semogue makes good stuff.Now I wanna score a Vulfix 2233 and Omega 48 and 49.

I'm currently waiting for a Semogue 1305. I've read so many good things about this brush!

I would avoid the Omega 48, unless you like massive brushes. I'm selling mine, it's way too big (loft) and is more like a paint brush. The 49 is a bit shorter but they make shorter brushes than that even, which I would prefer personally, particularly if you face lather. I'm hoping I like the Semogue better - boar hair does seem very (until recently) underrated!

jhclare said:
I'm currently waiting for a Semogue 1305. I've read so many good things about this brush

Just took the plunge and ordered one too! £10.99 from Vintage Scent. It sounds very good and ideal for soaps. :shave

hunnymonster said:
hunnymonster said:
I've just rewarded myself for 6 months of cycling and dropping 6" off my waist by ordering a Kent BK4 :shave :D

And it's arrived... mmmmmmm looks the part, feels smoother than the Rooney 2/1. Booking myself in for a shave later on :D

Where did you get the Kent from if you don't mind me asking. Been looking at a Simpsons for ages and I will own one one day but a tad expensive. Perhaps a BK4 would be a nice alernative, they seem to run around £50. I see they do a nice turnback travel brush as well the "TR" at £40.

Back
Top Bottom