Brush of the day.

Cue Jesse from 'The Fast Show' ...

This week, I will mostly be enjoying the synthetic in the horn handle at the front of this picture:

AM-JKLXBXRpvgDeH0oiuXUeQCtBgzX1cO_QtIgwax4O6tBKPPQOCyk4Kf4fnXjijHxiMw3fPDzZTN5wqgeYL_imBBpDorURO_GyUTMrSn5MSMgdoZWgvHJ1cKvd9CirBGhOTnwFGg0PWcXE3Dik8FEzPDkVPdg=w800

All those handles were purchased from Gan Village Green on eBay some years ago and fitted with various knots. The horn handle gained a synthetic knot, which I lifted from this wooden handle from Haryali.

AM-JKLUQNV8hc_KHFgDhknsDLwRwRidRtJfeEadn9yeiErfSXMItguORHOz_8srH0mLi3MBCMooNHEeVYmQddg1R_noioV9td2PH7r2mS3963T8oDZGygG1zLJyFkxWu1YNh-jDGXkxW7o5hlV5GJooq1xBUfw=w800

Since the knot came out of that handle without any damage to either, I popped a cheapo boar knot in and have enjoyed that as such since.

The synthetic knot is post-PurTech and has a very intuitive feel to it with no adaption necessary to prevent sling. Just use it as you would, say, a badger knot. It also has a nice little scritch to it, something that many modern vogue synethtics have entirely omitted.

Back
Top Bottom