Brush of the day.

@chard52142

How do you manage to get your lather to look as if it has just been delivered from a Mr Whippy ice cream machine?

Superbly done whatever the secret is
Hey, thanks for asking. Someone asked me the same and even requested a video... :LOL::LOL:
This is my way to do it...you see by clicking on this link
I had some restrictions due to the camera angle, normally I do it at the chest and higher level with the bowl on top.
You can see swirls and all...just to keep the video very brief...not perfect since I'm camera shy and my hands are shaking...not a good thing since I am shaving with a straight...

Use the rim of the bowl to gather & shape the lather onto your brush...
You can taper it slowly into the peak...these pictures were taken quite a while ago and since then I am able to twirl it better...
Further, with more experience am also able to create a richer creamier lather which is easier to twirl and create those loop-like layers...as a result I favor bowls without nubs as those are difficult to gather all the lather.
Lastly, you can use your fingers to help some as there are no rules nor regulations...I just want to see my lather is of a creamy sheen quality with a good peak...

Hey, thanks for asking. Someone asked me the same and even requested a video... :LOL::LOL:
This is my way to do it...you see by clicking on this link
I had some restrictions due to the camera angle, normally I do it at the chest and higher level with the bowl on top.
You can see swirls and all...just to keep the video very brief...not perfect since I'm camera shy and my hands are shaking...not a good thing since I am shaving with a straight...

Use the rim of the bowl to gather & shape the lather onto your brush...
You can taper it slowly into the peak...these pictures were taken quite a while ago and since then I am able to twirl it better...
Further, with more experience am also able to create a richer creamier lather which is easier to twirl and create those loop-like layers...as a result I favor bowls without nubs as those are difficult to gather all the lather.
Lastly, you can use your fingers to help some as there are no rules nor regulations...I just want to see my lather is of a creamy sheen quality with a good peak...

Wonderful stuff

You missed your vocation in life. You need an ice cream van

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom