Brush for Testing Lathering Qualities of Soap

After having a good browse around the forum I've arrived at the conclusion that I'll have to buy a brush for trying out soaps which may have potential as shaving soap.

Additionally the brush will need to be photogenic - for pics of soap to put on my website.

I don't want to spend a packet - but there's no point putting a rubbish brush in a pic alongside soap for sale.

I had a rootle through the bathroom - but all I found was a fat cosmetic brush which Child must have left behind at some time. Dunno what the man uses when he shaves the relatively small area on his neckline - obviously not a brush, but all my (washing/bathing)soaps do lather well and he simply uses whatever's there.

So what's a reasonable brush please which isn't too pricey?

Hi,

For a cheapie Brush but a good performer....the Vulfix 404 £9.20

from here: http://www.diamondedgeltd.com/acatalog/Progress_shaving_brushes_and_accessories.html#a922

Vulfix%20404%20Grosvenor%20Badger%20and%20bristle%20shaving%20brush.jpg

You can have mine 404 with badger/boar hair mix. I don´t use it very often and it´s not broken in yet. If you get something going later, maybe you can give me good price ;) :lol:. PM your addy to me and I´ll send it this weekend.

Thank to all of you I have ordered the 404 boar/badger mix from diamond edge.Hope it performs as everybody is saying here,but seems like a great brush for its price.

Blyth Spirit said:
Teiste said:
Thank to all of you I have ordered the 404 boar/badger mix from diamond edge.

Hope it performs as everybody is saying here,but seems like a great brush for its price.

Well done, very wise.

It does and it is...

:)
Thanks mate!
Does everybody knows what kind of badger hair does this brush uses?cuz it doesnt seems like "pure" grade,but I could be wrong.

I have received this today:
P1140383.jpg

P1140384.jpg

So far Im really impress with it:used 5 times making lather from soaps (D.R Harris,Taylors lavander,Tabac...) and it was amazing the amount of lather that this brush can create in less than a minute swirling the brush on a scuttle.The tips are still a little bit scratchy,but much less than any of the pure badgers I have.
The handle is really well made,better than some brands that I know and own.
For its price,I can say that this is a great brush!

Back
Top Bottom