Broman SE Razor First Use & Thoughts

D

Deleted member 12673

hey people so I just used my much anticipated broman SE Razor or the first time and also used a Perma Sharp de blade for the first time

After about say four five strokes going with the grain I was like this thing is amazing, now going with and across the grain it's good but against the grain wasn't as efficient as say the twig SE razor and seems to be a bit more mild but I reckon this could be a daily driver if you like to shave every day or every two days as it's mild and can take take of a few days of stubble

I reckon that if I had about 5-6 days of stubble onwards it really would've struggled, can't say if it's due to the blade as I'm pretty sure from what I've read and seen Perma Sharp are regard as a sharp and smooth blade

I will give this broman SE Razor a go with a nacet and a feather, something I reckon that might just be a tad bit sharper

Just bare in mind I'm a head shaver and I have very thick coarse hair and I've been shaving my head since about 17 years of age tbh

This razor has me thinking about the whole shaving across the grain,
When I shave across the grain I get BBS and it takes slightly longer to grow but is it really worth that bit of irritation?

I might start shaving with and across the grain only to test the waters and see how it feels and how much quicker the hair grows back

Only thing is I like that BBS feeling of being able to run my hands across my scalp without feeling any grain, which ever direction I go

Either way I like the razor as I reckon with the broman I will be able to get a shave or two extra in a week, as let's face it most head shavers imo don't shave more then say 3 or more times in a week

Anyone know what material the broman SE Razor is made of?

Feels really good quality and I love the grip tbh, like the stand and the fact that the blade are held within the stand which acts as a container

I had to wait patiently for one of these razors to come up but I'm surprised they're not stocking them no more and if theyre no longer in business because I really do think this razor has huge potential with people crossing over from cartridge razor to see/de razors

Anyways really interested to see what you guys think of the broman compared to what I'm saying, do you disagree or agree?

I got the Deluxe version and the matching kamisori-style:

71w0ocNntPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Jokes aside, v1 is a pretty good shaver. I ordered v2 as well.
The only thing I don't like much are the thick sides, but then when I bought a few carts to shave the back of my neck with, they're about as thick on the sides, too.

The only thing I don't like much are the thick sides, but then when I bought a few carts to shave the back of my neck with, they're about as thick on the sides, too.
There was a delay with the Broman 2, and I appreciated the fact that they emailed me to let me know, but I've not heard anything since I got that email in May which stated:

"your broman razor will arrive a little later than expected and is currently anticipated to be by 22nd june 2023"

I ordered the v2 on January 11th 2023 and still don't have it. They last emailed me in July. Did you receive yours?

The same with me - I have got the same e-mail about the delay and nothing since then.
I have written today using their form on the website - if no reply within 48 hours I will as well open the case in PayPal

Back
Top Bottom