Brogue Style Trainers

Any good recommendations for a casual trainer style brogue shoe for the summer months?
Have a look at the Grenson Brogue shoe / boot that have the white Vibram sole, they're proper Leather brogue uppers with a Goodyear welt and a super lightweight wedge sole.
I have two pairs of the boots and they are as light as baseball boots but mix traditional leather uppers with a light and very flexible sole.
They could be what you are looking for!

Edit: the original soles can be replaced by Grenson or your regular cobbler, this is the second pair of Vibram soles that has been put on these boots!

Paul.IMG_20210329_220913_0~3.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t know if you can get them in the UK, but Johnston & Murphy offers the Holden Embossed Wing-tip brogue, which they describe as having “athletic construction”, and the XC4 Tanner Wing-tip. From their online catalogue, these look as close as one can get to a brogue trainer. They look similar to Blademonkey’s Grensons, but low-cut.

Last edited:
I don’t know if you can get them in the UK, but Johnston & Murphy offers the Holden Embossed Wing-tip brogue, which they describe as having “athletic construction”, and the XC4 Tanner Wing-tip. From their online catalogue, these look as close as one can get to a brogue trainer. They look similar to Blademonkey’s Grensons, but low-cut.
The grensons also came in a shoe configuration making it more like a training shoe rather than a baseball boot. :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom