Boxing anyone?

Klitschko V Haye on Saturday.

Trash talking, hype and nationality aside I think Klitschko will beat Haye up...we'll see.

Oh...free on German RTL - 19.2E.

Difficult to call. I followed heavyweight boxing since childhood. I listened on the radio live during the night to all the battles through the 50s, 60s and beyond, stayed up all night to see Ali at the cinema. The magic is gone now. Too many titles, no characters. I won't pay per view but will listen if it's on radio 5.

Gonna listen to it on radio 5. The main commentator is great, cannot recall his name but his commentary relays the action superbly

fight could go either way

Honestly think this is an easy win for Klitschko,love me boxing,haye to be in it till round 4-5 then klitscko to pile it on..

wasee said:
Gonna listen to it on radio 5. The main commentator is great, cannot recall his name but his commentary relays the action superbly

Mike Castello is his name, you're right he is a great commentator, I'll have R5 on in the background. Not forgetting the fight is in Germany so no trying to listen into the early hours. (~8.00pm)

antdad said:
wasee said:

Mike Castello is his name, you're right he is a great commentator, I'll have R5 on in the background. Not forgetting the fight is in Germany so no trying to listen into the early hours. (~8.00pm)

too right no more trying to stay awake at first bell!

Well comming from Merthyr Tydfil, a town that's produced a few world british and European champions, I was a fan of boxing for many years, but it's become a circus for showmen, I personally have known many great boxers Howard Winstone the Ex world featherweight champion who passed away not to long ago lived a few doors up from me, there's a newly released film called the risen a biopic of his rise to fame, some of the most lovely people you could meet are boxers, I'm pleased to say I witnessed some of the greatest fights ever during the seventies, but now it's mostly a complete joke 12 rounds instead of 15, with so many version of the titles it makes a mockery of this greatest of sports, the last time we saw a truly world class batch of fighters in all the weight catatgories you would have to go back to the seventies, and the middleweights the eighties, the only thing I can say positive about the Hayle & Klitchko is they both are a credit to thier trainers and themselves for the physical condition they have turned themselves out, the first heavyweight fighters I can remember for years that actually look like they can fight!

http://www.howardwinstone.com/hwindex.html

Jamie

pugh-the-special-one said:
but now it's mostly a complete joke 12 rounds instead of 15, with so many version of the titles it makes a mockery of this greatest of sports, the last time we saw a truly world class batch of fighters in all the weight catatgories you would have to go back to the seventies, and the middleweights the eighties, the only thing I can say positive about the Hayle & Klitchko is they both are a credit to thier trainers and themselves for the physical condition they have turned themselves out, the first heavyweight fighters I can remember for years that actually look like they can fight!

http://www.howardwinstone.com/hwindex.html

Jamie

They reduced the number of rounds from 15 to 12 because no one wants to see boxers die in the ring and I was there at Benn v McClellan when it nearly happened. There were indeed some great boxing era's but that was at a time when boxing had a higher profile because it was shown for free on national television. I don't expect tonight's fight to be a classic, it rarely is between big men but it's still the Heavyweight Championship of the World and that has always been a circus.

Styles makes fights... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOigV3R3gFo

The heavyweight division has been pretty uninspiring for a long time, but this fight has sparked my interest - I'm looking forward to listening in later on Radio 5. My money's on Klitschko...

Back
Top Bottom