Boreal 976

I recently splurged on a couple of boars. The above mentioned being one of them.

The handle feels great The brush looks good too. It is a nice size.

Thats where it ends for me i'm afraid. I cannot get it to put good lather on my diamond for love nor money.

It is very dense & the bristle are coarse. I am not sure if it is clipped-this can mean the bristles wont split - break in. The glue of the knot extends upwards above the handle making it a firm brush. Oh and the varnish is coming off at the business end of the handle.

All in all a disappointment i'm afraid.

I am interested to hear how other members find theirs.

Its just a bit too soon for me to be as dismissive of the Boreal as Fozz is but my knot hair has definitely split and it seems to be working okay with MWF on face and in bowl. The handle itself is a really nice shape and size but it has some sort of lacquered laminate which is beginning to peel which is a bit daft for a brush so new. We will see...

I hope it works out for Antdad. It gets rave reviews at other places seemingly.

When patience was getting dished out i was at the back of the cue gawking at something else i thought more exciting...

As I don't have much experience with boar brushes I thought I'd better give this one a fair shake.

I fell for this brushes' nice curves and hair...well if you go for looks don't expect much up top because this brush fails to deliver in that department.

Just unpleasant to use, I'd rather lather with a paint brush. :idea:

Back
Top Bottom