Boots soap vs palmolive cream

I get a far better lather with Boots own soap (in a bowl) than I do with Palmolive cream.

I'm lathering in a bowl using a Vulfix 404 boar brush and live in a mildly hard water area, even if I do a mix its not as good as the Boots soap on its own?

Is that to be expected, or an indication that my technique is a bit off?

Boots soap is VERY good stuff, it's on a par with Cade so no suprises that your getting good lather with it but your Palmolive cream should yield similar results.

try face lathering with it instead.

antdad will follow with a better explanation and a link to his tutorial

You just might be picking up more soap than you think, use a bit more cream if you have too.

It will also take a while to work out what water soap ratios work best with your brush. Don't be afraid to use more soap than you think you need.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=545&p=21661#p21661" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=545&p=21661#p21661</a><!-- l -->

Since I started a few months ago, tried a few different soaps/creams, but my go to soap is Boots own and cream is Palmolive. Both great, but the Boots soap is fantastic stuff! I also like the lid that screws on a quarter turn - easy to rinse the bowl under the tap when you've done!!

It's tempting to skimp on the cream - but it's cheap enough. I now use about an inch of the stuff and have easily enough lather for four passes.

Back
Top Bottom