Boots shave stick

I tested it some time ago didn't like much... I found the scent too artificial and the foam I got wasn't remarkable. I prefer by far Palmolive stick by scent & propierties and it costs +- the same

Cheers!

Sir_eider said:
I tested it some time ago didn't like much... I found the scent too artificial and the foam I got wasn't remarkable. I prefer by far Palmolive stick by scent & propierties and it costs +- the same

Cheers!

i bought the boot soap in a bowl a while ago and thought the same,

in the end i didnt want to through it because keep a spare bowl around is handy

so i used it in the bath.

not a bad bath soap

Also not the same soap as the stick

I don't like the scent of it. Smells a bit sweaty mixed with a bit of the changing room at the swimming bath.

Stick comes in a nice holder though.

I have used in the past and found it to be OK but much prefer the Palmolive stick which also fits nicely into the old Boots stick holder/container so good for travel.

monkeytennis said:
What a pleasant surprise.really easy to lather and produced a really good shave.smells fairly neutral I guess.very good for the price as well!

I just tried one of the new ones (Sodium Palmate first ingredient) and I find it a good shaving stick,however it has a hard competition with Erasmic with tallow,Wilkinson and Palmolive,and I think looses when comparing with the other 3.

i think erasmic is out of that race now - the last couple i have bought have been binned even tho they stated they had tallow in them. very white compared to previous more cream coloured soaps.

i went mad today and bought myself the boots stick - i like the freshwood scent so that would keep me happy if it performs as well as the palmolive

Browngc said:
I have used in the past and found it to be OK but much prefer the Palmolive stick which also fits nicely into the old Boots stick holder/container so good for travel.

Someone has also pointed out (on another thread) that the Speick stick also fits into the holder... if you really want to treat yourself