Boots, indestructible ones please

Hi all,

I'm getting a bit bored of buying boots. My work involves regularly going to places that would ruin a gentlemans shoes so I kick on a pair of steelies and get stuck in.

The problem is that after a couple of years the soles seem to wear out.

I like them in a tab colour as you can wear them with a light suit if you need to, and have never got on with the design of DMs.

Are there any steel toe cap boots out there to buy these days that don't fall apart with rugged use.

Alex

Not sure if I can answer your question but I used to work in the garage trade and I never found a pair of boots that lasted more than a year. When I moved up to management (still in the same industry) I used to wear steel toe-capped shoes that would pass as a normal pair of (reasonably) smart shoes but I still only ever managed to get a years use out of them.

Not sure if they fit your requirements exactly, but Meindl Army Pro are very good, in my opinion.

Maybe even better, buy a pair of fireman's boots (I think the Dutch ones are made by Bata or Haix).

I have found Redwings boots do tend to last a long time. They come in a lace up style that looks relatively passable. A bit expensive on this side of the pond though!

Avionyx said:
Hi all,

I'm getting a bit bored of buying boots. My work involves regularly going to places that would ruin a gentlemans shoes so I kick on a pair of steelies and get stuck in.

The problem is that after a couple of years the soles seem to wear out.

I like them in a tab colour as you can wear them with a light suit if you need to, and have never got on with the design of DMs.

Are there any steel toe cap boots out there to buy these days that don't fall apart with rugged use.

Alex

soles will go eventually on any boots, have you thought about getting 2 pairs, alternate and send one pair off at a time to be resoled?

Back
Top Bottom