Boots Freshwood Aftershave Balm

Most Boots stores will stock this, certainly the larger ones. It costs about £2.50 for a 125 ml glass bottle. The packaging is simple and has changed little since the late eighties when I first used this stuff. I would describe my skin as normal, but if a product is offered in a 'sensitive' option, then that is the option I take.

The scent is a woody, earthy one. Strong when first applied it does not linger for long and won't cause any problems with whatever cologne you wear. The balm is a white and fairly dense cream. Somewhat denser than Nivea balm or DR Harris Milk which are the closest products I know to this.

You do not need to use much so your bottle will last a while. If there is a little razor burn then the balm will tingle a bit. But it soothes well. It really moisturises a lot and using just a splodge too much may leave your skin a little oily at first, but it is almost as if my skin soaks this stuff up, and my skin quickly feels soft, dry and protected. It works, and competes extremely well with Nivea balm and DR Harris Milk in its efficacy. Given this, the trump card of the Boots is its price, about half that of the Nivea and a quarter of the DR Harris.

Usually I use a facial moisturiser (how metro!?!?!) such as Nivea or Body shop, but often when I use the Boots balm I don't feel the need to apply further moisturiser.

In short, Boots Freshwood balm works well, it is excellent value and available on a street near you. At this price what is there to lose?

Re: Boots Freshwod Aftershave Balm

I was PIF'd a bottle of this recently, and it was so viscous, that I had to stick my finger down into the neck of the bottle to get any out! Only turning the bottle upside-down and shaking it violently would get any to come out without the assistance of a digit.

Anyhow, it's smells ok, and you do only need a small amount, or it's greasyville.

Ian

Fido said:
Would this complement the Palmolive cream/stick so popular here? Then it would be a real value package of products!

There is a Boots shave-stick and also a soap in a bowl. Haven't tried either, so that is a review for one of the soap experts.

the Boots shave stick is VERY good, the bowl is on the same level.
unlike the Wilkinson Sword stick and it's bowl counterpart.

as Boots stick and bowl are the same ingredients wise - palmate
but WS stick is tallow and the bowl is glycerin

Fido said:
Would this complement the Palmolive cream/stick so popular here? Then it would be a real value package of products!

the best complimentary a\s i've found is Superdrugs own Forest Fresh ;)

Back
Top Bottom