Boar brushes

Thanks joe.

Those Semogue brushes look the real deal with a very appealing price tag!
And they have a decent sized loft.
Right I'm getting one!

Thanks again.

django said:
I would like to get a boar brush. I use a badger but I like the idea of having a stiffer brush as well.

The trouble is I've not seen any with a large enough loft for my liking.

Also you have to find one where the tips haven't been cut to shape the brush because they will never break in.
After a few uses the ends will split up into much finer hairs making them soft to the touch.
These ones are mega money but bearing this in mind they could be the best of both worlds, the softness of badger but with stiffness too!

You don't need high loft in boars - 55mm is plenty 65 is a monster.

Only really cheap and nasty drugstote boars clip the ends. Cheap and very good Omegas don't.

Softness AND stiffness id what boars offer. You simply can't get that in badger. I have a range of both, and even a Chubby doesn't have the grunt of a boar.

The 1305 is pretty much the "all-around" brush, excellent in both face and bowl. It's pretty much Semogue's Nirvana :D :D

But if you're going face lathering only, then i will say 1438 and 1470 are superb. Small and efficient. I got my 1470 fully broken now and currently dealing with the 1438, and so far this last one is turning a super brush! I do prefer the smallest ones somehow, even if the largest 2000 and SOC are softer and lather beasts :)

Back
Top Bottom