Blade Review Spreadsheet

Am impressed with the work gone into this table of blades. However, to those thinking of starting to shave ,don t go and buy 100 feathers thinking they will give you the best shave! To me and others they are not comfortable and leave my skin in a awful state! Get a variety pack . For me and most guys, reading from reviews on forums, polsilver and GSB are best, and others with 2 stars may be too.

Am impressed with the work gone into this table of blades. However, to those thinking of starting to shave ,don t go and buy 100 feathers thinking they will give you the best shave! To me and others they are not comfortable and leave my skin in a awful state! Get a variety pack . For me and most guys, reading from reviews on forums, polsilver and GSB are best, and others with 2 stars may be too.

7 o'clock yellows are ranked least sharp of all 7 o'clocks, less sharp than Gillette Platinum or Silver Blues.

Interesting...

Yes, this is really interesting because the Gillette 7 O'Clock sharp edge is one of the (very) few blades that gives me a good shaving result. Amusingly the product name contains the phrase "sharp edge".

OT:
But nowadays I use a DE razor only if there is a lack of time. I switched to straight razor shaving some time ago, mainly because there is nothing better for a skin-friendly shave.

I remember seeing another similar site with razor blade sharpness tests and it had completely different results.

Unless they are sampling at least 1000 blades from each brand and with different manufacturing times to spread the batches, you can't call either a true scientific test. Interesting read nevertheless.

I believe this is a subjective impression.
Astra SS for instance is nowhere near the least sharpest blade, confirmed by refinedshave. com testing that used instruments to measure the sharpness

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

I believe this is a subjective impression.
Astra SS for instance is nowhere near the least sharpest blade, confirmed by refinedshave. com testing that used instruments to measure the sharpness

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

I agree as he is using a jerry rigged device I believe on refinedshave.com as well as he rarely shaves more than twice when testing a blade.

It is all very subjective and we can all easily fall prey to confirmation bias as well. An even bigger "wrench" in the cogs is when you start throwing different razors & soaps/creams into the mix. Time & trial by combat will teach one if they are willing to read & heed the signs.

Could someone tell me please, how I can get this Spreadsheet?

When I click on the Microsoft Drive link on the first post, I just get this shown:

Screenshot_2020-05-01_at_8_55_15_am.png

Great spreadsheet, and in fact its dispelled some misconceptions on some blades that I was hanging on to. Always thought the Gillete 7 Oclock ones were the next go to blades for me, but think I'll be aiming for others based on this list. Interesting that the Astra blades are sort of middle of the road which gives me lots of room to try others that score higher.

Back
Top Bottom