Blade life

indeed very subjective. i gravitate towards sharper blades and they hold better for me. i like the Feather blades, but also the Gilette Blades. in combination with by Merkur Progress i could do 5-6 3 pass shaves with the sharper blades.

i recently got the Feather AS-D2 razor and use Feather blades for it as well and the shaves are very nice BUT i can do 3x3pass with them and prefer even 2x only before renewing the blade.

to me a bad shave due to a blunt blade is not worth the couple of cents otherwise spent on a new blade.

but very much see different shave lives per individual blade.

a good soap and a preshave does help in my view extend the blade somewhat in terms of comfort

Pick yourself up something like this: https://connaughtshaving.com/samplepack.html unless you already have a stash of others. Funnily enough I commented on SOTD a few days ago that my latest Nacet felt rough first shave, spot on second and died on the third. Can't comment on the Razorock, but I can say that certain blades gel with certain razors (my Parker 22R loves Tigers and Voskhods) while some combinations are an abomination (Merkur 34C and the two aforementioned blades :eek:)

How many days of growth do you have when you have? What kind of stubble do you have? What is your lather like? Do you shave with a steep angle?
48 hours growth,pretty sure I have tough stubble.
Good lather,3 months into DE shaving,could it be shave angle?
Recommend you tube tutorials!
Thanks again

48 hours growth,pretty sure I have tough stubble.
Good lather,3 months into DE shaving,could it be shave angle?
Recommend you tube tutorials!
Thanks again

Unless you are already doing it I'd say try shaving with a shallow angle, ride the top cap until it starts cutting and use that angle.

It might improve blade life, or it could be your stubble are blade destroyers.

Or it could be Nacet blades do not work for you. Some blades do not work for some people.

What Razor are you using ?
i’m just trying to ascertain whether you have a different angle Razor
i.e like a feather which is a different angle than most.
To be honest with you 3 shaves from 1 blade i’m happy.
At the beginning of my wet shaving journey i was reading all sorts about people getting 10 shaves some getting 4-5 or 6 shaves and this was what i was aiming for.
Once i started buying blades and realised how cheap they really are then i decided 3 shaves & i was done.
Another Thing Blades are very personal to the individual but i haven’t yet heard anyone that doesn't like a Nacet.
They are too blades
some of the best really

What Razor are you using ?
i’m just trying to ascertain whether you have a different angle Razor
i.e like a feather which is a different angle than most.
To be honest with you 3 shaves from 1 blade i’m happy.
At the beginning of my wet shaving journey i was reading all sorts about people getting 10 shaves some getting 4-5 or 6 shaves and this was what i was aiming for.
Once i started buying blades and realised how cheap they really are then i decided 3 shaves & i was done.
Another Thing Blades are very personal to the individual but i haven’t yet heard anyone that doesn't like a Nacet.
They are too blades
some of the best really
Probably the same, people quoting mass usage causing my doubts

Wipe the blade on a dry cotton cloth without surface imperfection, or on an old pair of denim, in the opposite direction of shaving. That should clean the edge. Tbh, I do this with my cartridges, however I don't tend to do for my DE blades as they're quite cheap, but try and see if it works for you.

Back
Top Bottom