Blackwood and Shelby DE blades

Picture the scene, the wind is blowing dust into the air and tumbleweed is rolling down the street......I guess these blade's are new and unheard of so someone will have to take one for the team...............any takers? :)

Paul.

"Thank you for volunteering, BM."

dE4X73p.jpg

They appear to be yet another private label, rebadging the same Chinese razors, brushes and what-not.

Swedish metal doesn't really mean anything nowadays. Back in the days of straight razors, you got good mineral content raw metal in Sweden which made good steel. Nowadays, like mineral constitution of water, it just doesn't matter - the metal will be formulated for purpose. They might be from the same factory as Super Shave X (what was it? Sandvik steel?) which are really excellent or it might be EuroMax (again, "Swedish Steel") which I found truly horrible. It's a rebrand/private label. You could always put them on the spot if you were really interested.

They appear to be yet another private label, rebadging the same Chinese razors, brushes and what-not.

Swedish metal doesn't really mean anything nowadays. Back in the days of straight razors, you got good mineral content raw metal in Sweden which made good steel. Nowadays, like mineral constitution of water, it just doesn't matter - the metal will be formulated for purpose. They might be from the same factory as Super Shave X (what was it? Sandvik steel?) which are really excellent or it might be EuroMax (again, "Swedish Steel") which I found truly horrible. It's a rebrand/private label. You could always put them on the spot if you were really interested.
Cheers Paul, I guess You're right.
I've got enough good blades to last a lifetime anyway! :)

Paul

I'm very suspicious of any razor blades which do not advertise the nation where they have been manufactured.

I think these look a little like these ones from Amazon.
I agree, why wouldn't they print the country of origin on the packaging unless that information would be detrimental to the sales of the blade!
I was just interested because of the glowing reviews/ feedback from customers?!!! on their website.
Also because I had not seen these before and they are a good price if they are good blades but I don't think I will be buying, I don't need any more blades anyway so no information / feedback saved me from an impulse purchase, another one! :)

Paul.

Seems to be lots of brands popping up these days that have two British sounding surnames (X & Y). All selling the same rebranded Baili and Yaq/Dscosmetics razors and brushes.
It's the old B&Q model from back in the day. Want to make your stuff sound more high-end? Remove the B&Q tag, and sell it through the store under the banner of "Cooke and Lewis" at a premium despite it coming from the same source as the generic products!

Back
Top Bottom