Blackland Vector SE

Any idea where I can obtain any as Connaughts no longer supply them ?
As Boycie83 mentioned eBay is a place where they can be got, although (that's) the only place I've looked.
I'm going to try the 8 blades in the mongoose sampler which I got from tryablade, then buy in bulk the ones I like best.

Been using my Vector for around 6 weeks now and love it, especially using the Schick P-30 + Feather pro blades, for face shaving that is, for my head I like the Kai Captain Titan Mild, so when needing new blades I'll be getting those 3 in bulk.
However while I really like the Vector, I still plan on getting the new Paradigm Titanium DE, also if/when Andrew does a new Paradigm Titanium SE I'll be placing an order for that as well, assuming I like the look of it that is.

Opting to receive messages from Blackland and recently getting an email, the photos I've added show a new Vector with open comb and Blackbird Titanium.
Very much enjoy using my Vector so might place an order for this open comb version.

46D4FF1F-F4BF-4C40-ABE8-E8A2EAE7E893.jpegBF0AFF7F-3D79-4530-ADCB-B9024D71E837.jpeg

Interesting, I receive emails from Blackland, and in the last one it mentions a Vector Titanium is being machined.
I like the thought of having a Ti Vector so at some point I’ll definitely be getting one, assuming a comb version will be available.

This is from that email.9A20E6C0-94AE-47AC-B334-194A22BC4A92.jpeg

Had posted in another thread but this is possibly more appropriate (so deleted from there).

Anyone have any issues loading P30's into the vector? Got a pack from connaughts the other week and now I can give them a bash. I'm almost at the point of having to force the blade onto the pegs. The same blades fit easily in the Hawk.

Just trying to figure whether I'm having a moment, there is an issue with the pack of P30s I have, or less likely the vector head.

Have no issues with any of the feathers I've loaded so I'm guessing the P30s might be off.

Cheers

Marc

From memory, I've had no loading issues with P30's in my Vector. I use Kai Pinks and MG's pretty much exclusively - I'll load P30 shortly and report back
Edit.
Just fitted a P30 and no issues @Crossan PM me and I can send a couple of P30 blades to compare

Last edited:
Had posted in another thread but this is possibly more appropriate (so deleted from there).

Anyone have any issues loading P30's into the vector? Got a pack from connaughts the other week and now I can give them a bash. I'm almost at the point of having to force the blade onto the pegs. The same blades fit easily in the Hawk.

Just trying to figure whether I'm having a moment, there is an issue with the pack of P30s I have, or less likely the vector head.

Have no issues with any of the feathers I've loaded so I'm guessing the P30s might be off.

Cheers

Marc
I had on loan the actual Vector you bought just before it was put up for sale - I used a P30 in it and I remember no problems getting them loaded into the head. Hope you get it sorted - cheers - I.

From memory, I've had no loading issues with P30's in my Vector. I use Kai Pinks and MG's pretty much exclusively - I'll load P30 shortly and report back
Cheers, there are so many reports of people using the P30s I suspect its the pack.
I had on loan the actual Vector you bought just before it was put up for sale - I used a P30 in it and I remember no problems getting them loaded into the head. Hope you get it sorted - cheers - I.
Nice one thank you, I didn't think it was the razor. As above I think it'll be the pack, I've seen one other report of someone having issues (2019/2020) so it might be a rare overlap in tolerance from the blade manufacturer - at a guess. If I try to load these it bows the blade, so I'll get another pack and give it a bash.

I think Marc is very likely right to suspect the blade tolerance being the culprit.
I managed to load Proline P blades with ease.
I could send you some Proline blades to try @Crossan
Hey Paul, that's very kind and generous of you, driftwood offered to send some as well. It's all good though, I've got a good stash of alts (proguard, professionals, supers and a couple of packs of kai's - can't remember which ones now) to play around with and put the vector through its paces.

I'm sure Paul at connaughts will be able to help, all my dealings with him have been grand.

Thanks again though, very much appreciated!

Cheers

Marc

I think the tolerances of Blackland razors are much tighter than those of blade manufacturers.
I once had a Personna GEM blade that didn't load properly into my Sabre.
Never had a problem loading Schicks into Vector though.

I thought as much, I can't imagine it's financially viable for the blade manufacturers to maintain a profit if they have to keep the gear so finely calibrated, likely increase the frequency of maintenance/calibration so increase the downtime.

Back
Top Bottom