Blackland Sabre.

Unfortunately.....that WILL arrive. I wasn't expecting a card. I bought a couple of items last year and when the ransom appeared it was in a sealed letter....a bit like a payslip. Much more private!
Only one thing to do then , Man up, tell her you needed it just like she needs her things , hand bags , shoes , makeup, perfume and the list just goes on and on if she is like the women I've known :) you can see why I'm not married anymore! :)

No , don't get me wrong , I fully expect a ransome note , too much experience tell's me that I will not get away with it , just with that piece of paper in hand I know I am at the final stage of getting my hands on the beastie
What a result , no grey card and Sabre has been delivered with no charge's to pay , bill was on side of box for £45.08p , postie asked if I had received a grey card and said well it looks like you have saved yourself a few quid there , Xmas box for you again this year Mr.Postman

What a result , no grey card and Sabre has been delivered with no charge's to pay , bill was on side of box for £45.08p , postie asked if I had received a grey card and said well it looks like you have saved yourself a few quid there , Xmas box for you again this year Mr.Postman
You got lucky, hats off to you :)

I strikes me that importing razors form outside the European Union is an expensive hobby. When we leave I think it will only get worse!
Most of the charge is VAT which you would have to pay if bought in the UK, the customs charge is not that much although the £8 RM charge for putting a card through your letterbox is a bit hard to take!

Most of the charge is VAT which you would have to pay if bought in the UK, the customs charge is not that much although the £8 RM charge for putting a card through your letterbox is a bit hard to take!
My breakdown of the charges (which Fortunately I did not pay) were ,
IMPORT DUTY 4.31
EXCISE DUTY 32.77
ROYAL MAIL INTERNATIONAL HANDLING FEE 8.00

Grand total of £45.08p

I am struggling a little on the angle , smooth shave don't get me wrong ,but, just not close enough , I know the website says between 20 and 40 degrees , but how are you holding the head relative to the face those of you who are obtaining BBS shaves .
Thanks in advance for any input offered and sorry if I missed this elsewhere .

I am struggling a little on the angle , smooth shave don't get me wrong ,but, just not close enough , I know the website says between 20 and 40 degrees , but how are you holding the head relative to the face those of you who are obtaining BBS shaves .
Thanks in advance for any input offered and sorry if I missed this elsewhere .

I seem to be doing fine using the head of the razor flat. Perhaps I am wrong....but I seem to be getting the results. 12 hrs on.........and I am basically stubble free.

Think I have sussed it , my go to Gem style blades have always been carbon steel . They have always obliged me with close comfortable shaves in my MMOC .
The first shave with the Sabre I used a Treet and the second shave a Gem Blue Star , both shaves were less than satisfactory and left me to question the angle I was using .
After the input I received above I doubted that it was the angle at fault .
For this mornings shave I decided to use a Gem stainless blade as supplied with the razor , what a difference , it was a completely different shave , don't ask me why I don't know , but the shave I had this morning was akin to what others have been talking about .
It took me by surprise but I am glad it worked out , a great comfortable and close shave .

From Blackland from a Facebook post by them

The Level Two Sabre. Subtle changes make a big difference. To notch up the aggressiveness of the incredibly smooth Level One Sabre, we did two things. First we stepped up the blade gap from 0.6mm to 0.9mm. Then we shortened the safety bar to increase the blade exposure and blade feel. The result is a razor that is efficient with a bit a blade feel while still retaining the smoothness and ease of use that makes the Sabre such a phenomenal platform.

Production should be wrapping up shortly. These base plates will be available both individually as well part of an assembled Sabre.

22549501_1795698167397664_5156130905405759854_n.jpg

Greetings
I notice that on facebook Blackland razors have announced that the Level 2 Sabre razor should be available from Saturday, if this is the case will there be anybody here buying one 'blind' or will it be the case that you will wait and see what others say about it first?

I am certainly interested but I will not be buying blind, I need to read a few reviews from users who I know from these pages and whose preferences in razors I believe I am familiar with.

Who is going to be our 'recce. man' and sound one out for the team? :D

Regards
Dick.

Greetings
I notice that on facebook Blackland razors have announced that the Level 2 Sabre razor should be available from Saturday, if this is the case will there be anybody here buying one 'blind' or will it be the case that you will wait and see what others say about it first?

I am certainly interested but I will not be buying blind, I need to read a few reviews from users who I know from these pages and whose preferences in razors I believe I am familiar with.

Who is going to be our 'recce. man' and sound one out for the team? :D

Regards
Dick.
I will eventually get the level two plate with the polished version of the Sabre but this will have to wait until fund's allow. I will however be looking forward to reading reviews regarding the new plate. :) P.

Back
Top Bottom