Blackland Sabre L1

I hope you like it. Please keep me informed. It costs a lot less than a sabre to start with and will give you a good indication as to how you get on with a GEM type razor
Second shave today(1 day beard), I still struggle to find the perfect angle,I think because I don’t feel at all the blade.
It’s completely different compared to a De in my opinion. Do I need to use a little pressure? Any advice guys is welcome I really like this kind of gem razor and I’m looking for a g-bar before the sabre

Just ride the cap as already mentioned. Try and use your arm as an extension of the handle (Works with all razors) That will keep the angle constant. There isn't much blade feel with the Featherweight.....and neither is there much feel with the Sabre L!. Both almost squeegee the stubble away

Second shave today(1 day beard), I still struggle to find the perfect angle,I think because I don’t feel at all the blade.
It’s completely different compared to a De in my opinion. Do I need to use a little pressure? Any advice guys is welcome I really like this kind of gem razor and I’m looking for a g-bar before the sabre

You are you using a proper 3 facet gem blade and not a paint scraper blade. That would make it a tricky shave.

Edit- ignore me you would feel if you were using scraper blades, and you said you don't feel blade.

Quick update, 3 days beard today killed in 2 passes...yes is really mild and I love it...Yestarday I bought an ever ready natural angle,after that if I really enjoy the shave(atm I really enjoy using a gem razor) is time for the sabre l1
I’m really glad you persevered and that it’s worked for you. It is a sense of achievement I found.
I did have aspirations also for the Blackland Sabre, but I’ve found excellent shaves and a real connection with the vintage Gem razors, all for a fraction of the price.
Keep enjoying the Gem style experience.

I’m really glad you persevered and that it’s worked for you. It is a sense of achievement I found.
I did have aspirations also for the Blackland Sabre, but I’ve found excellent shaves and a real connection with the vintage Gem razors, all for a fraction of the price.
Keep enjoying the Gem style experience.
I really enjoy all the shaves...it’s an amazing experience when you find the right angle. I still think I will buy the sabre next month

Received and first used today...grat light little razor and very mild,this is what I was looking for... I stragglad a bit to find the right angle...do I have lo lay the head flat on my face?
Congratulations on your "Natural Angle" razor. I attach both sides of the instruction sheet that comes with them, and which you might find interesting, although you've evidently got the hang of it now.
Natural_Angle-066.jpgNatural_Angle-067.jpg

Back
Top Bottom