Black Adjustable Short Handle ?

I have the long handle version in my moderate collection, just bought this one as it looked like the short handled version, can anyone confirm ?

$(KGrHqZ,!ioE2LP-Hw38BNuK)Y,q-Q~~_3.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!jME2HmI+CP7BNuK)bEqB!~~_3.JPG

Dipesh said:
Lovely razor there Steve. One of those is on my 'to get' list along with about a million others :lol:

send an email to erwin (Mertwje) see what he has, or just keep checking ebay (USA)

i spend an unhealthy amount of time on e-bay just seeing whats around, bargains do come up now and again

Hiya,

I've used both those of those black supers and they're nice shavers. One thing that sorta bugs me though is the handle knurling. Not the best design for a 'grippy' feel.

The best pattern by far is on some of the later long handle models.....the ones with the black plastic baseplate. Those have a totally different knurling, with much more of a non slip feel. Yeah, it's a diamond cut pattern that I really like. I wish more razors had this handle design.

Here's a pic that I hope shows what I'm talking about,

Martin

Attachments

• Super 004 (Small) (2).jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 46
dodgy said:
Hiya,

I've used both those of those black supers and they're nice shavers. One thing that sorta bugs me though is the handle knurling. Not the best design for a 'grippy' feel.

The best pattern by far is on some of the later long handle models.....the ones with the black plastic baseplate. Those have a totally different knurling, with much more of a non slip feel. Yeah, it's a diamond cut pattern that I really like. I wish more razors had this handle design.

Here's a pic that I hope shows what I'm talking about,

Martin

I have the long handled one too and it has the plastic baseplate Didn't know the knurling was different. Even better then. So I will now have the two different types

Steve

sunburyboy93 said:
[I have the long handled one too and it has the plastic baseplate Didn't know the knurling was different. Even better then. So I will now have the two different types

Steve

For some reason I don't see a lot of those short handle versions. I think they were only made for a few years.

Now of course you're gonna want to collect the set! I'd recommend one of these gold supers for your next acquisition. They're around, but tough to find in great shape. The gold plating is pretty thin on those.

Martin

Razor is dated O3 (1969)

Attachments

• gold super 004 (Small).jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 38
dodgy said:
sunburyboy93 said:
[I have the long handled one too and it has the plastic baseplate Didn't know the knurling was different. Even better then. So I will now have the two different types

Steve

For some reason I don't see a lot of those short handle versions. I think they were only made for a few years.

Now of course you're gonna want to collect the set! I'd recommend one of these gold supers for your next acquisition. They're around, but tough to find in great shape. The gold plating is pretty thin on those.

Martin

Razor is dated O3 (1969)

Don't show me things like that I'm trying to limit myself on razor spends. Martin if you come across a V3 black superspeed it's my birth razor :D

There us one on the bay but he wants £30. And it's average condition !

sunburyboy93 said:
[
Don't show me things like that I'm trying to limit myself on razor spends. Martin if you come across a V3 black superspeed it's my birth razor :D

Man, I don't know if I've ever seen a V dated razor. I'll be happy to keep that date code in mind, along with a few other members birth year pieces info.....heh.

If it makes you feel any better, I never actually shave with that mint gold super. Just can't bring myself to even try it once, and no compelling reason to since I have other super adjustables that will perform the same. Now if it was something rare shavewise, that would be a different story. I classify this razor as one of those that I get to look at and hold, but can't use since it's in "Too gooda shape". Sheesh, pretty goofy if you ask me.

Martin

I have both the long and short versions, nice shavers although the long handle is quite top heavy. It took me some time to get used to it.
For me the short handle gives me a better shave than my slim adjustable, but since I'm quite new to this, my preference might change.

Back
Top Bottom