Birth Year Razors - sought & available

[IMG]

My Made in 1962 Birth Year Russian Made 5/8th SR..A Glorious Shaver.. :cool:

Billy

I would like to find a Gilette B4 razor in great condition. Not sure of the best place to go. I am happy to pay a reasonable price to get a good one.

A great thread, I’m looking for a 1st quarter, (March) 1978. So a Gillette Black Beauty, black handled super speed maybe or 3 piece tech? Or any other makes out there?
The BB code I think you need is Y1. My Super Adjustable, which is the plastic baseplate model, is Y4 i.e. last quarter 1978. Everything else I've got that's dateable is earlier than '78. The Gillette dating method for razors from about 1951 onwards is reasonably easy to find and follow, but most other makes, if they can indeed be dated, are usually to a year or a range of years, and I can't offhand think of any made in the late 70's that can be pinned down to a quarter.

The BB code I think you need is Y1. My Super Adjustable, which is the plastic baseplate model, is Y4 i.e. last quarter 1978. Everything else I've got that's dateable is earlier than '78. The Gillette dating method for razors from about 1951 onwards is reasonably easy to find and follow, but most other makes, if they can indeed be dated, are usually to a year or a range of years, and I can't offhand think of any made in the late 70's that can be pinned down to a quarter.
Thanks I had looked into it and thought it was Y1 but I’ve not had much luck so far! Will keep hunting!

Back
Top Bottom