BIC SE Metal Cartridge Razor

Yes! It's a sound shave. Maybe a tad raw to start with but sound and certainly better than the plastic BIC. My preference is still of the GIllette Guard if I'm to recommend a cartridge format to traditional shavers. The BIC Metal is indeed a good disposable, but in the end it's just a disposable and I can't get that excited about using one. Good to try, but ultimately forgettable.

Yes! It's a sound shave. Maybe a tad raw to start with but sound and certainly better than the plastic BIC. My preference is still of the GIllette Guard if I'm to recommend a cartridge format to traditional shavers. The BIC Metal is indeed a good disposable, but in the end it's just a disposable and I can't get that excited about using one. Good to try, but ultimately forgettable.
+ 1 the GIllette Guard...It's the only cartridge i still use occasionally. A good shaver, especially for head/dome shaving. My only crit is it's light weight, but that's expected with disposable razors..As for the BIC Metal, i don't have any reason to try as the Gillette Guard is my choice, but each to there own.

Last edited:
I should pick some of these up at sometime, they are supposed to be excellent.

Cheers for starting the thread.
They cost a bit on amazon like £15 or something but I managed to grab a pack of 5 for £1.29 locally

Really reminds me of my twig razor and it's and effortless shave and doesn't even get clogged too

Did feel a bit weird using a cart especially on the dome as it's been a long time since I've used one on the dome

Never used a Gillette guard, where can you find them?

Did feel a bit weird using a cart especially on the dome as it's been a long time since I've used one on the dome

Never used a Gillette guard, where can you find them?
Here's where i got mine.

I should pick some of these up at sometime, they are supposed to be excellent.

Cheers for starting the thread.
Yea will just take these when I'm on my travels as just easier then sourcing de blades on your travels

It's really good as it risnes well and doesn't get clogged too

This is the best cartridge razor I've ever used, I do love the omnishaver too even though it's technically a cartridge system it's different to a standard cart

i love this cart razor, my fav cart without a doubt

i wanted to ask for those who've used it befroe, whats your blade life been like?

mine lasts a very long time which i use for manscaping

EL BIC metal me gusta. Dicen que es especial para barbas duras. No se traba y no suele morder. Lo hacen en Grecia. Al ser una sola hoja es difícil que se atasque.

He recomendado el gillette Guard of a blade a amigos y en varias ocasiones les ha picado. Sería interesante intentar afeitarse con Gillette Guard 3, pero Gillette no está interesada en que se venda mucho fuera de la India, ya que es competencia directa de su MACH 3.

I like BIC metal. They say it's special for hard beards. It does not lock and does not usually bite. They do it in Greece. Being a single sheet it is difficult for it to get stuck.

I have recommended the gillette Guard of a blade to friends and on several occasions they have been stung. It would be interesting to try shaving with Gillette Guard 3, but Gillette is not interested in seeing it sell widely outside of India as it is direct competition to their MACH 3.
Yea one of the best carts I've used as it never gets clogged too

Reminds me of the twig razor by leaf,
being single edge and non pivoting head too

Back
Top Bottom