Bic Chrome Platinum - My Thoughts

The 2nd blade from my sample pack and after 5 shaves, here are my thoughts.

I used my ball end, Gillette Tech razor and Arko soap, except for the final shave, where I used Simpson's Sandalwood shaving cream. Each shave was WTG, ATG, possibly a 3rd pass addressing and spots I'd missed.

Expecting a more aggressive shave than the Big Ben blades, I started off carefully with each 1st pass, but noticed that although seemingly sharper, it was rough and seemed to not be as efficient as it felt it should be.. Things only got worse going ATG, with the razor feeling very rough and drawing blood at the drop of a hat. I really don't understand how something that feels so aggressive can be so inefficient. The are good at removing skin and blood, but not so good with facial hair.

These will not be on my future shopping list and I really don't know if I'll finish the pack. Definitely not for me.

Sorry you had a bad experience. The BIC s one of my favourite blades in a variety of razors. My best shaves with it have been with the Merkur or FaTip slant razors. The tech shaves I had were also good but not as good as the slants.

The 2nd blade from my sample pack and after 5 shaves, here are my thoughts.

I used my ball end, Gillette Tech razor and Arko soap, except for the final shave, where I used Simpson's Sandalwood shaving cream. Each shave was WTG, ATG, possibly a 3rd pass addressing and spots I'd missed.

Expecting a more aggressive shave than the Big Ben blades, I started off carefully with each 1st pass, but noticed that although seemingly sharper, it was rough and seemed to not be as efficient as it felt it should be.. Things only got worse going ATG, with the razor feeling very rough and drawing blood at the drop of a hat. I really don't understand how something that feels so aggressive can be so inefficient. The are good at removing skin and blood, but not so good with facial hair.

These will not be on my future shopping list and I really don't know if I'll finish the pack. Definitely not for me.

With using a sampler pack I'll assume that you're relatively new to the game. My advice is to return to blades you didn't think you liked 6 months - 1 year down the line as when your techniques becomes more sound and reliable, you may find the sharper blades in particular worthy of another go.

Thanks for posting your experience!

With using a sampler pack I'll assume that you're relatively new to the game. My advice is to return to blades you didn't think you liked 6 months - 1 year down the line as when your techniques becomes more sound and reliable, you may find the sharper blades in particular worthy of another go.

Thanks for posting your experience!
Well, I started with DE blades about 6 months ago after over 3 decades of cartridge usage. The Supermax blades were sharper, but fewer cuts with those.

Yes, I'll try them again maybe in one of my other razors when I've sampled all the other new-to-me blades.

Sorry you had a bad experience. The BIC s one of my favourite blades in a variety of razors. My best shaves with it have been with the Merkur or FaTip slant razors. The tech shaves I had were also good but not as good as the slants.

My #1 blade!
I have thousands stashed!
Super sharp, super smooth...in the right razor though!

I've been meaning to try them again after my 1st try, but I kept going back to my other blades.

Once again, in a Gillette Tech, I gave the blade a try; I think with my improved experience, I have to change my impression of these and say, I now actually quite like them.

It's actually quite common on the forums that which happened to yourself. If a shaver's prep & technique have improved then they seem to love the Bic.

P.S. The Bic Astor is the same blade and just merely named differently for in country (Greece) sales according to the co. ;)

Back
Top Bottom