Bic Astor

As there hasn't been a thread on these in just shy of five years I thought perhaps now might be a good time to mention this controversial blade. By controversial I mean in two ways. First, it has been mentioned on another forum by a Greek poster that the Bic Astor is merely the Bic Chrome Platinum under a different name for sales internally in Greece where they are made. Some agree & others disagree with this. Secondly, there is probably no greater rift among users as to the shave quality of this blade. It is either love or hate and rarely any gray area. I openly admit that when I first tried both years ago I hated, no despised, these blades! Rougher than a cob I thoughtI Well, as we say on the shooting range more often than not the "problem" is with the "adjustable nut behind the butt (of the firearm)", i.e., operator error. ;)

In a nutshell, I was "green" as grass when I first tried one and had not established good technique nor prep. Years later I decided to retry some blades I had dismissed earlier and to my surprise some were spectacular!! This one was among those. I get Gillette quality shaves from this blade and they are indeed very economically priced. The only caveat I might add is that this blade may be a tad razor specific. I have no idea how they work in very aggressive razors. Try one........if you think you're ready (y)

I have both lined up to try ... after the SuperMax glut. Given the yellow pack is labelled Chrome Platinum and the red pack is labelled Stainless, I'd say on the face of it they're different blades and that is what I'm expected. Likewise, it's been a good few years.

not tried it yet but got it in my sampler pack, i remember someone on another forum posting that they werent no good but that opinion will change from person to person

Back
Top Bottom