Bialetti 6 cup Moka

Hi Fellas,

Would any of you have a spare rubber seal for the inside of a Bialetti 6 cup moka?

Mine has snapped curing a cleaning session, my own fault entirely but just wanted to see if anyone had a spare as they only really come in packs of 3 and I only need one.

Also, the pressure valve on the base of this moka isn't tight anymore and it doesn't seem to tighten up whatever I do. Do you reckon this will still be ok or should I try and get it tightened so I don't start getting leaking/loss of pressure?

Cheers

Andy

Not a clue on your machine but my coffeemaker had worn seal. Contacted the importer and they sent me a couple @ reasonable rates. Much better than the local shop.

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bialetti-6-Cup-SEAL-Moka-Express-replacement-gasket-/180750892259?pt=Coffee_Machines_Makers&hash=item2a1597bce3

If it won't tighten sounds like the thread has stripped somehow? If it'll undo I'd try wrapping some PTFE tape around the thread to get some purchase and a seal if not I'd consider taking or sending it back if you think it's worth it.

Cheers Tony,

The nut doesn't seem to tighten or unscrew. It was a wedding gift so I didn't pay for it and SWMBO doesn't use it.

Might give it a bit of welly to try and get the valve out and go with the ptfe like you suggested.

Cheers

Well I've never seen that, if a portion of the thread on the saftey valve is stripped and the tape doesn't work I might have one off an old machine you can have, I assume they are all the same.

Well got my replacement seal in the post yesterday and have been able to secure the valve using ptfe.

Gonna give it a run tomorrow.

Thank god we live in the colonies where all you need is an open flame; a iron pot; roasted beans; a pistol butt to crack the beans with and a bandana to strain the finished product through!
You not only get your caffeine fix but also your daily requirement of iron.

Back
Top Bottom