Best Synthetic Knot?

I think the Chubby 2 Platinum synthetic is technically the better knot. I'm not sure how to explain it really but the way the knot acts when wet isnt like any other synthetic I've used (and I've used lots).
The problem with them however is they are set quite low as standard and have a LOT of backbone. This is fine if you bowl lather/paint your lather on but I found it virtually impossible to face lather with. If I was a bowl lather person I would definetly have kept my Simpson because they are clearly high quality, just comes down to your prefered technique.

Agree. Unsuitable for face lathering. Omega EVO and Simpsons Trafalgar, which I assume are G5, are much more versatile and have softer tips IMHO

Hi Guys, so I've just ordered myself a lovely handle from Chisel and Hound. My birthday is coming up so I thought I would treat myself. I need a little help on deciding what synthetic knot to get for it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will include a picture of the handle, as I want a knot that not only will perform well but will match well with the handle.

IMG_1009_1600x.jpg MG_1006_1600x.jpg

I have been looking at the G5C knot as that was recommended to me a while back. Do you think the G5C would be a good match for this handle?

Thanks
Callum

Hi Guys, so I've just ordered myself a lovely handle from Chisel and Hound. My birthday is coming up so I thought I would treat myself. I need a little help on deciding what synthetic knot to get for it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will include a picture of the handle, as I want a knot that not only will perform well but will match well with the handle.

View attachment 86807 View attachment 86808

I have been looking at the G5C knot as that was recommended to me a while back. Do you think the G5C would be a good match for this handle?

Thanks
Callum
Cracking handle.
I fitted a G5A 26mm to my C&H, I had to open the socket to fit the knot. I set the loft as high a possible about 54mm to allow splay- The G5A is fairly stiff and has plenty of backbone

Cracking handle.
I fitted a G5A 26mm to my C&H, I had to open the socket to fit the knot. I set the loft as high a possible about 54mm to allow splay- The G5A is fairly stiff and has plenty of backbone
Thanks, I couldn't resist that handle. I was just looking at the G5A, I think that's the one I will go with. Is fitting the knot relatively simple, or worth getting someone to do it for me? I've tried fitting a knot once before and it didn't turn out well at all.

It was fairly easy, it's not a difficult job. But take it slowly to ensure that the socket recess is even or the the knot might be skewed. From memory the 26mm G5A didn't fit into the C&H socket, it had to be opened anyway. I wanted to seat the knot loft as high as possible to allow splay and release the lather, G5A knots have fairly short fibre/hair and are densely packed. I would suggest to install the knot dry/or temporary use it a few times to ensure your happy with the loft height, face feel and performance...Then set it permanently and add a few 2p coins for weight

Well, that looks doubtful, fella, neither 2Bed or G5C in 26mm in stock I asked the question a few weeks back and he had no idea when they would available again and not in foreseeable future.

No fans of the RazoRock 400 out there? All the rage at one time iirc.
I found it to be very good to use with e.g. Cella and face lathering.
I'm currently using a Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo as my daily driver.

Back
Top Bottom