Best sporting weekend of the year?

Omp

This is always my favourite with the Masters Golf and Grand National. As an added bonus, this year we also have a Brit fighting for a heavyweight World championship belt.
Does any other weekend top this for variety and excitement?

Unfortunately, I'd rather watch paint dry than horse racing and golf. Even heavyweight boxing holds no thrill for me in this day and age. Last time it was exciting for me, was when Tyson was on the rampage :(

Final Day of the Six Nations in 2015 (when Wales, Ireland and England were all playing for the championship) was possibly the best day of sport I've enjoyed in many years.

Racing does nothing for me either and perhaps I'll watch the last round of golf if I hear there's a Brit in the frame and it's close.

The HW boxing should actually be interesting though because this is not another punchbag for AJ to knock over, the yank who holds the belt is unbeaten and willing to come over here to defend it. Could be an upset.

Tbh V I had no idea about Martin (clearly) and was bigging up the fight for myself hoping it wasn't going to be another two round wonder but yeah it was always highly unlikely they were going to risk him against anybody solid.

There's no denying AJ is a future, undisputed champion in the making. He's big, strong and quick. I reckon he's eventually going to run out of no-hopers to bang out and then (if there's anyone left in the division worth fighting) he'll be given the big fights he deserves.

Three or four more fights and he'll be ready to set the world on fire. I've honestly not seen a better British heavyweight prospect for a long long time.
Danny McAlinden and Jack Bodell surely Vinnie.

Back
Top Bottom