Best source for Sensor Excel Blades?

I've been DE shaving after returning to wet shaving from electric a few months ago. Although my DE technique has been slowing improving I'm really not a morning person and find I take a long time to get the prep, shave and 'clean-up' right and thought I'd try a cartridge to see if it would speed (some of) the process up a bit. I'd read good things about the Gillette Sensor Excel cartridge on this Forum so scored a new one off ebay and - lo and behold - have found it gives a damn good shave in a shorter time. Same prep but the shave time is reduced and - yes - it's just all a bit easier (go ahead - shoot me). So, the question is, where is the best place to score the best replacement blades for it at the most reasonable price? Thanks.

Bit left field this, I know, but I've found an online supplier who offers the Razorpit for £8.99 inc shipping - cheaper than a 10 pack of replacement blades. I'm wondering if it's worth taking a punt on one of these and seeing how long the couple of packaged blades last. Anyone used one or have any thoughts?

I buy the Gilette Sensor blades from my local supermarket but they're pretty expensive at €11 for five blades. The Mach3 blades are €11 for four carts and in my experience gives a much smoother shave. I like the Sensor but once I've used up my blades I don't think I'll bother with it again.

Another good option is the Gilette Contour. You can pick up a handle on eBay and the carts are €15 for 10 here. Shaves much the same as the Excel although the blades are not spring loaded so you have to be a little more careful not to apply pressure.

Ive used one for years. Brilliant thing and genuinely extends blade life by a fair bit. You need to use from the first shave though.

Although I can't answer your question I can tell you that after returning to cartridges after years using a DE/SE, I've not regretted it. I primarily use a Mach3, the regular cartridge, not the Turbo, but interspersed with a Sensor. I must say though that my shave with the regular Sensor cartridge is superior to that of an Excel cartridge.

Hi,
I'm using Guillette Sensor 3 since 20 years ago. To me it's the best cartridge in the market

In Spain there are

About 2€ per cartridge

About 1€ per cartridge

I use this disposable cartridge but I put the cartridge in a handle Sensor. To me disposable cartridge has same qualiy as refill, but it cost half

Guys, any thoughts on the performance of the Sensor vs Mach3?

@Quique, some lovely aftermarket handles for the Sensor are available from PILS

http://www.pils-rasur.de/rasierer/sensor/104ee.html?___store=english&___from_store=deutsch
My Mach3, with regular cartridges, is my mainstay, but I do like my Sensor, with regular cartridges. I haven't tried the Sensor3 cartridge, but soon will; however, I find that I don't get as close and irritation free a shave with the Sensor Excel cartridge as I do with the regular Sensor cartridge. Similarly, I find I get a closer, smoother shave with the regular Mach3 cartridge than I do with the Turbo cartridge. On balance, I find the shave with my regular Mach3 a whisker closer and more comfortable than my shave with my regular Sensor, but the Sensor is still a damn fine razor. In all cases, however, the Mach3 and Sensor give me a better shave than the TracII. As concerns aftermarket handles, shavemac makes them for the Mach3 and the Sensor and they're no where near the price of a PILS. I have one of each and they're very well made and you have a choice of colour. Shavemac nails it once again.