Best place to buy French soaps?

Hello Gents,

Thinking mainly of Pre de Provence and Istitut Karite, and looking for the most reasonable e-source.

Obviously we have easy access to CADE, and Martin de Cadre doesn't appeal to me at all for some reason, even ignoring the price.

I've read reviews of IK having similar or beter skincare properties than MWF/Kent?! This is a big factor in choosing a soap for me, so its one of v. keen to try.

Cheers

Just to add that I think Institut Karite is a very fine soap. I was PIF'd a piece (think by Frederick) and enjoyed using it. Think I sent it on to Naked Ape. Actually, there's probably a piece of the original soap flying around the TSR community still. Oh, and before I looked it up I thought it was named after Karate the martial art. :oops:

Haven't really come across vendors that stock it in the UK, like Speick its more readily available from vendors in the US than these shores.

Best go direct. Or speak to some of our members in France or the US of A ;)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.institutkariteparis.com/boutique_us/liste_produits.cfm?type=7&code_lg=lg_us&num=51" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.institutkariteparis.com/bout ... _us&num=51</a><!-- m -->

hunnymonster said:
AdamSmith said:
Pre de Provence

I'm pretty sure that PdP is a US brand for the domestic US market, but manufactured in France - so very little overspill sales outside the US.

Think your right there, wasn't there a big scare on B&B awhile ago that this was going out of production. Might have been SMF.

Try PM'ing "FrenchBlade" he is a jolly good chap and is always up for doing a bit of research and seems more than happy to send stuff. He was away this weekend, so you may not get much out of him just yet !! ;)

FB has posted the links to a few French online vendors here

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4291&p=56275#p56275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4291&p=56275#p56275</a><!-- l -->

I'm back.. and still alive after a 3 day party that my liver might one day regret. :|
Ok, french soaps, off the top of my head:

• Institut de Karite
    Monsavon
    Martin de Candre
    L'Occitanie
    Avene
    Plisson[/list:u]
    I'm sure I've missed a few small ones ;) I think my brain is not "online" yet, it's rebooting..

For the moment I'm staying focused on our current group buy, which should be rounded off by end of next week.
    I've got a few ideas in the pipeline (soap and other things), but I rather not get anyone excited yet.

FB.

I had a shave with IK the other day and forgot how bloody awesome it is. Rounded off with the IK balm. Fabulous.

I'll be using this combo a lot this coming winter! :mrgreen:

John

Institut Karite is a good soap -- easy to lather and a pleasant scent. But IMO not as moisturising as MWF.

Pig Cat said:
Just to add that I think Institut Karite is a very fine soap. I was PIF'd a piece (think by Frederick) and enjoyed using it. Think I sent it on to Naked Ape. Actually, there's probably a piece of the original soap flying around the TSR community still. Oh, and before I looked it up I thought it was named after Karate the martial art. :oops:

PC, you did indeed send it to me. And very nice it was, too. I gave it to a friend of mine who uses a brush, Bodyshop Macca Root cream and a Mach 3 -- he expressed an interest in trying a shaving soap, so I suggested IK. He got on well with it, but still prefers his Macca Root.

Back
Top Bottom