Best music opening line of all time

'I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Lincoln - I.

@Missoni

It is a great speech and it is a shame that only a few lines is repeated by the media. I still find Malcolm X's speech "Message to the Grassroots" an incredible piece of oratory all the more so because he was a self-educated man. Although I did not agree with his separatist, nationalist philosophy, he did subsequently change his position to a more inclusive one, similar to MLK, his oratory powers are still extraordinary...some terrific one liners as well...

"You don't catch hell 'cause you're a Baptist, and you don't catch hell 'cause you're a Methodist. You don't catch hell 'cause you're a Methodist or Baptist. You don't catch hell because you're a Democrat or a Republican. You don't catch hell because you're a Mason or an Elk. And you sure don't catch hell 'cause you're an American; 'cause if you was an American, you wouldn't catch no hell. You catch hell 'cause you're a black man. You catch hell, all of us catch hell, for the same reason..."

If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be traveling on, now
Cause there's too many places I've got to see
But, if I stayed here with you, girl
Things just couldn't be the same
Cause I'm as free as a bird now
And this bird you can not change
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Lord knows, I can't change

An amazing intro

Thank you, ive been listening to some good music over the last couple of weeks , some new listening from lyrics on here , i made a play list on my youtube music from this thread, some i found a bit heavy some i found very interestin
Im a big "the who" and "Pink Floyd" fan have back catalogue's of both, all vinyl and no record player since about 1989 thought i might buy a new separates set this year, but what with covid bought a bbq/smoker instead ,lol.

Why should I care, why should I care?
Girls of fifteen
Sexually knowing
The ushers are sniffing
Eau-de-coloning
The seats are seductive
Celibate sitting
Pretty girls digging
Prettier women

Top tune from my florida flight playlist no holiday this year, 5 months of work back 6 weeks ago limited and working from home shouls be flying for my 4weeks vaycay next week, but alas CANCELLED

Great song, great album.

This is the end, beautiful friend
This is the end, my only friend
The end of our elaborate plans
The end of ev'rything that stands
The end

And

There's a killer on the road
His brain is squirmin' like a toad
Take a long holiday
Let your children play
If you give this man a ride
Sweet family will die
Killer on the road, yeah

Or

Ah keep your eyes on the road,
Your hands upon the wheel.
Keep your eyes on the road
Your hands upon the wheel.
Yeah, we're going to the roadhouse,
Gonna have a real good-time

Gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields
Sold in the market down in New Orleans
Scarred old slaver knows he's doin' all right
Hear him whip the women just around midnight
Brown Sugar, how come you taste so good
Brown Sugar, just like a young girl should.

Rock out with your cock out. The best type there is.

Alan doesn't understand her
He only thinks in numbers
He only drinks in restaurants
Where the girls are fully covered

Deacon blue, great group Brilliant lyric about a stiff, rich man who doesn't understand emotions and his spoilt but unhappy lover - Deacon Blue were always really underrated by the critics.