Best machine for £1k

Due to a period where I simply haven't spent, and bonus and a couple of other factors, I now have a chance to pull the trigger on a fully automatic machine - it will be replacing my slightly shagged Gaggia Platinum - I'm a huge latte fan - my expenditure during the week at Starbs, Costa, Nero et all makes me shudder so I'm going to save a fair bit if I get a good fully auto machine.

So far I seem to be stuck on the KRUPS EA9000 and have also been offered a v cheap new BOSCH Verobar 300.

Trouble is this takes me off the Gaggia path which I've been on for years and I don't really know what the reputation of these two other manufacturers are - Do any of you chaps have any experience with them? Or do you have any other suggestions for me to look at?

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.

Ratty

Rent a Jura for a week or two then hunt around and see what a grand will buy you from the Jura range. You could easily find an ex-demo or ex-office machine that has little use and has been well looked after.

Some folks just want to press a button and go so I didn't see much point dragging him down that hole tbf, super autos certainly have their limitations but that's what he's used to and Jura do make the best of those types.