Best brush for soaps?

Yep, here's the actual website:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://vintagescent.com/">http://vintagescent.com/</a><!-- m -->

Looks like they are on holiday until 10th August now. Oh, and the Semogue 1305 is their current bestseller. Could this be down to me and Npinn's recent orders??

Boab said:
In that case we demand 50% off!!!!! at least :lol:

As moderator would it be unethical to ban someone if they refused to offer a massive discount? I think you should give this some consideration. ;)

npinn001 said:
Pig Cat, was it the 1305? I just bought one too, £10 delivered from Portugal, have been impressed with how soft it is. I just need to get my head round how they look - boar looks tatty when wet compared to a nice bloomed badger.
give it a couple weeks and youll see how it blooms like a badger brush.Boar brushes needs more time to soften their bristles nut once theyre softer they look like badger.Welcome to the Semogue boar cult,hope you enjoy it! :lol:

Fido said:
So just how good is the Semogue 1305 for use with hard soap? My Kent BK8 seems best suited to creams and I've read this thread with great interest.

Well I think it's great. My only experience of brushes before the 1305 is my Edwin Jagger Best Badger which I am now using for my small cream collection. The 1305 is firm enough to tackle soap producing lather nice and quick. It also feels good on the face - nice and firm, but still soft. Does that make sense? :? Anyway, the only downside that I can see is that it doesn't hold a great deal of lather. I am fine with this but some chaps seem to take great pride in the amount of lather their brush holds. The 1305 is fine for three passes easy. If you buy one it will take a while to 'run in' but it is worth the wait. :mrgreen:

I am sending my 1305 to Sir Prize for him to try out. No doubt he will report back, so it may be worth waiting to hear his opinion too. Then again they are around £10 to buy so what have you got to lose? :p

Fido said:
Would the 1305 do a decent job on face lathering either using a stick or when applying cream directly from a shaving cream pot?

Yep well I think so. My badger brush just splodges the lather around, but the 1305 is more precise and feels very pleasant when face lathering. Think I've said this before but it just feels more 'manly' using it (and I need all the help I can get!!) :shave

Fido said:
Would the 1305 do a decent job on face lathering either using a stick or when applying cream directly from a shaving cream pot?

Yes it does fido. You will not be disappointed, infact you will be over the moon, especially after it breaks in. It will excell with hard soaps, face lathering sticks & equall badger with creams.

Best of all it wont break the bank to try one.

Back
Top Bottom