Bay rum soaps/creams

Hi guys,
Last week I came across a bay rum aftershave (hair tonic actually) in boots and just bought it. Tried it 3-4 times during the week, I really like it's smell especially for UK's colder weather. Now I am looking for a bay rum soap/cream . I saw the following candidates (will exclude the PAA ones completely) :

P&B imperial rum soap
Simpsons Bay rum cream (the new ultra glide formula)
Executive shaving bay rum cream

Anyone has any advice for the performance and/or the smell of these 3? For performance maybe a comparison to the great UK artisan soaps wickham, osp, signature that I have and love them.

Thanks

The Exec Shaving Bay Rum is an excellent cream with very good performance. Similar to T&H and Trumpers. Scent wise it has a strong clove note. P&B Imperial Rum is more spicy but mild in the typical P&B fashion. Performance wise, I consider it on par with OSP and slightly better than Wickham (personal opinion). I've not tried the Simpsons cream but I imagine it's a Creightons product so similar to the Exec Shaving cream.

...Now I am looking for a bay rum soap/cream...

DxXGRPH.jpg

The cornucopia of opinions on what is a good bay rum scent is just shy of the one regarding sandalwood. Usually the debate centers around the addition of/or not of clove and the strength.

Good luck.

@Boycie83 is spot on about the P&B Imperial, which I like very much.

The best bay rum products, soap, edt/splash and so forth I have used, are or were the Ogallala range from the USA. I used to be able to get them from Maguire's in Newcastle, but that outlet acquired a very poor reputation, and I have no idea whether they're still going. Having said that, a number of USA outlets sell Ogallala, especially Shave Nation and Maggards, both of which I've used, and now that this has got me going, I'll make some enquiries. A 4 1/2 oz. puck of the soap is a very reasonable $6, but I suppose it will, in being sent from there to UK, acquire another digit on the cost.

The only one iv really tried is
Executive Shaving & like Boycie sais it’s class.
i reckon iv only got a 3-4 shaves left in mine,
so i’ll need more soon.
The Scent i love & the Balm is class also,
Not that storage matters but the Glass jar is always useful when it’s empty.

@Boycie83

...The best bay rum products, soap, edt/splash and so forth I have used, are or were the Ogallala range from the USA...

I have used their shampoo/body bar and it is indeed nice smelling & potent. That's coming from a guy who is not "wowed" by bay rum in general. Regardless, all bay rum scents are too short lived for this Playboy. ;)

... Also, get yourself some proper Caribbean bay rum splash like Benjamins
I got the blue Benjamin's having decided that Bay Rum sounded like a scent I would like. Indeed I do like it, unfortunately the Hotmetalette does not agree. I have no idea what effect it has on random ladies I encounter, but the woman from del monte she say meh. Doesn't stop me from enjoying it though!

I got the blue Benjamin's having decided that Bay Rum sounded like a scent I would like. Indeed I do like it, unfortunately the Hotmetalette does not agree. I have no idea what effect it has on random ladies I encounter, but the woman from del monte she say meh. Doesn't stop me from enjoying it though!
I found Green original Benjamins is more "bay" than the menthol blue. However as it's a new acquisition, I'll revisit it when the weather improves!

Back
Top Bottom