'bay bargain

Tabac is my benchmark soap: rich creamy tallow with a masculine and unremarkable smell (some people hate the smell but I can't see what there is to object to, personally.)

It's not fair to compare glycerine soaps to Tabac (esp clear ones, like Mama Bears) but things like Woolfat and Palmolive, while excellent in their own ways and clearly different from Tabac, are similar and imho basically not as good.

Hey Boab: how about that drink? Sutton Colodfield / Four Oaks / Lichfield? I'm also going to go and see that Anglo-Saxon gold hoard in Birmingham - anyone fancy that?

Perfect!

Eight buyers:

Hando
Rangers
Blyth Spirit
Audiolab
Hunnymonster
Boab
Sunburyboy
Rev-O

PM's will be sent but Boab will be getting the stick for all the work he does here; refills for the rest but soap is soap and Tabac is, imho, the best or at least as good as any other.

I'd be keen to see what people who've never tried it before make of it; I use a lot and then add water slowly to build a rich creamy lather. There's always enough left on the brush for a second pass.

Call it a fiver each and if there's any left over after postage I'll give to a deserving local

:lol:

Ollie

Rousey is after a soap to try as he's a cream man

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=748">viewtopic.php?f=8&t=748</a><!-- l -->

he can have my Tabac stick if he wants it

Cheers Ollie,

Never tried Tabac, never even had a sniff of it.....just seen so many good comments about it

Thanks
Steve

Rev-O said:
Perfect!

Eight buyers:

Hando
Rangers
Blyth Spirit
Audiolab
Hunnymonster
Boab
Sunburyboy
Rev-O

PM's will be sent but Boab will be getting the stick for all the work he does here; refills for the rest but soap is soap and Tabac is, imho, the best or at least as good as any other.

I'd be keen to see what people who've never tried it before make of it; I use a lot and then add water slowly to build a rich creamy lather. There's always enough left on the brush for a second pass.

Call it a fiver each and if there's any left over after postage I'll give to a deserving local

:lol:

No need Hando I've got lots of this laid up against they day the change the formula (EU bound to ban tallow sometime).

If you (or not, you someone else) wants one then there's one last one going.

It really is the best soap - or at least as good as any other - and everyone should have this or at least have tried this.

OK, buyers are:

Rousey (address; payment pending)
Rangers62 (address; payment pending)
Blyth Spirit (address; paid)
Audiolab (address; paid)
Hunnymonster (address; paid)
Boab (address; paid)
Sunburyboy93 (address; paid)

I've got one more which I can sell as I keep lots of this in stock (against the day when the EU band tallow and/or the Germans reformulate)

Rousey and Rangers still need to send me the money

Cheers lads

Ollie

Tip with Tabac: if face-lathering use lots on a well-wetted face. Then keep adding water slowly. If you do add too much water just whip it up some more and beat it in: you should find it takes the excess.

Also, if not using every day* keep it covered or it can dry out and crack.

Other than that: enjoy!

Edit: * but who wouldn't want to use it every day?

Rev-O said:
Tip with Tabac: if face-lathering use lots on a well-wetted face. Then keep adding water slowly. If you do add too much water just whip it up some more and beat it in: you should find it takes the excess.

Also, if not using every day* keep it covered or it can dry out and crack.

Other than that: enjoy!

Edit: * but who wouldn't want to use it every day?

Hi Ollie, i was going to grate it and press into a glass bowl, and make the lather direcly in the same bowl, coz i have found that with my Palmolive stick, and Palmy stick/Wilky Soap mix that this is the best way and makes nice lather in no time at all.

Do you think that the Tabac will be ok used like that ?, i have tried face lathering with various soaps but just cant get on with it.

Steve

Thanks Ollie, received mine today.Not sure about the pong but I will give it a go :lol:

grating is the way to go if you want it in cake form

it will NOT melt in the microwave.

the med-small size of hole is good enough, don't try to get it really small like through a parmesan grater, it'll just clog!
a little water will help to form it into the cake when you do it.

get a seperate grater and not the one the wife uses for the cheese\carrots etc :lol:

Back
Top Bottom