Bath & Salisbury

Lifestyle pharmacy in the centre of Bath. Downstairs they have a large shaving section, some of the makes I remember seeing are Trumpers, Tabac, Pino Silvestre, 4711, Aqua di Selva, Kent and Simpsons brushes, Merkur and Dovo razors and strops. Worth a look, there is also a L'Occitane shop next door.

moodymick said:
Thanks gents, i will try to peruse, if i can get Mrs M away from photographing the architecture,

FYI A couple of pieces of Bath Heritage you must see.

• 1) Pulteney Bridge is modelled on the Ponte Vecchio in Florence, both of which are unusual in the fact that they have shops on the bridge.
    2) Great Pulteney Street which was designed by architect Thomas Baldwin, he designed the façades which were purchased as is and the then owner would build what they wanted on the back (and is where I lived for about 6 years).
    [/list:u]
    As you go from one to the other (only a few hundred yards) you will go through by Laura Place which has a fountain at its centre and is bordered on one side by a building called Connaught Mansions (couldn't type that everywhere) and on the other by (pure coincidence) "Hales Chemist" as you can see shaving stuff bottom left corner :mrgreen: .

You should also make a point of visiting Milsom Street, as there are some lovely clothes shops and jewellers and a department store oh and at the bottom there is Lifestyle Pharmacy, again a pure coincidence :p

Used to work in Salisbury before my DE days. Apart from Boots etc it's a shaving desert. There is a TKMaxx in the shopping mall where you might strike lucky.

On the road to the rail station there are a couple of antique shops which used to have the occasional straights in the window. There is also a 'proper' tobacconist, but never went in.

The pub opposite the station does a great pint, but has strange opening hours ;)

Now back from our little trip. Both locations recommended above are well worth a visit with plenty of Simpsons, Merkur, Dovo, Tabac, GFT, Kent, Wilkinsons, Cyril Salter & a few bits of ToBS etc.. :)

The guy who runs Hales Chemist was the Indian guy who was on last weeks Antiques Roadshow with a pile of antique medicine jars (the shop has bloody loads in there - yes really, medicine jars in a pharmacy - madness i tell you)

Back
Top Bottom