Bakelite Razor ?

I had a look-in on that one Steve, but I haven't shaved with that particular make. I have a red Bakelite Gillette Minor, which seems to be from the early Post-WWII period from the price and packaging.

Shave-wise, I keep going back to that Minora as one does, and every time, I am surprised by how good a shave it gives. It's grippable, it's got a metal cap for head-weight/balance it's hugely forgiving and smooth with pretty much any blade I've ever tried. In my opinion and limited experience that is.

It was also one of the first razors I acquired when I got sliding down the slippery slope of shaving and eBay. One of the best fivers spent - so far.

I agree that's Bakelite..try looking on google for a Bakelite Slant and only difference is maybe the color but texture looks the same..great find!..I cant find anything not with a set price with any razor being Bakelite

Blades

Where's that enterprising Sunbury spirit we all so love & admire Steve. "What's the shave like ?" ............. by this time you should be posting on your PC from the local A & E dept where you are on the receiving end of multiple sutures & an apparently endless succession of anti tetanus, anti rabies etc injections. Whatever happened to taking one for the lads ?

Of course, it's always possible that by this time you've not only had the smoothest and most pleasant shave of your life with it, the vendor has contacted you to say that they've found a hidden stash of these razors & would you be willing to take the lot for a straight £20.

Seriously, it looks and sounds a very interesting wee buy..........enjoy it M8.

JohnnyO. ;)

Back
Top Bottom